Um...Can you say snow?

minifan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a low of 8 degrees for the past two nights. It takes until about 2p for it to come above freezing. Yuck and double yuck. Obviously, I don't get water back until it comes above freezing. Yesterday it didn't work until 3p. Critters outside stormed my house when I opened the door and immediately went for the water in my cats bowls. They have learned to immediately drink down their entire bowl of water the minute I put it outside because it will freeze pretty quickly....

But, the heat does work.... so that is most definitely something to be grateful for!

28 here at 1020, up from the teens at dawn. I feel sort of sorry for all our Canadian snowbirds hunkered down at Panama City, wondering why they ever left!

At least they don't have to shovel ... I've always maintained that I can take almost any kind of weather Mother Nature hurls at us ... but not if I have to shovel it!

28 here at 1020, up from the teens at dawn. I feel sort of sorry for all our Canadian snowbirds hunkered down at Panama City, wondering why they ever left!

Well, here in southern coastal Maine it was 1, colder about 15 miles further inland where it was -9.

We've got a freezing rain warning for this afternoon and tomorrow morning, with a nice little coating of ice promised by the weather guys. Just lovely - NOT! This is why everyone here has YakTrax for walking and studded snow tires/chains, etc.

But it is still only hovering around freezing, not getting any warmer than that and only down in the 20's overnight. Hey, didn't we have a few nights of -10F back in late October? Maybe that was our "real" winter, because we sure haven't had one so far.

Apparently our winter has up and moved to Florida - sorry, folks!

Cold again today but the forecast is actually saying in the upper 30s to lower 40s coming up in the next few days. Crossing fingers!!

We might get some snow flurries today.

Warmed up enough for the gutter over the front steps (stone) to drip, which put a nice slick of ice on them when it cooled down again. I took one step out the front door and landed on my kiester ... nothing broken but my concentration -- my first lucid thought was: "Thank goodness I didn't hear anything crack" -- but am now feeling twinges and feeling foolish.

The steps have now been salted and sanded.

Oh, Kathie! Be very careful and if it starts to hurt get it checked. I tripped on a crack in concrete and fell on my right elbow on the way to my last class test in my first semester of Nursing School and my prof thought it was just bruised and sent me to get ice and it was the first "C" I'd made on a test, what with going crazy with the pain; when I woke up from a breast biopsy & lumpectomy five days later my arm looked like someone had ripped it off and beaten me to death with it, so I stopped on my way home and got it Xrayed and sure enough, I had not just broken the tip of my right humerus bone, I had smashed that puppy to smithereens.

January thaw is settling in. Going to be in the 40s today and all weekend. I felt so good outside yesterday. It was warmer and the sun was out! Some of the snow has melted but not all of it..

Going to finally change the thermostats!

Just finished shoveling about 6 inches of wet/heavy snow off the back deck, behind the garage, and the walk way between the house and the garage. I was shoveling the grass behind the garage----doggies need a special "spot". Things you do for the 4 legged family members, I will shovel the lawn....lol. But the snow is perfect for building a snowman, but my hubby won't do it with me.... Anybody will to build one with me....lol.

Fog yesterday, rain last night & today, fog forecast again for tomorrow; that means it's not so cold!

Yesterday the temp was a pleasant 63, today it started out at 49 and has been dropping all day. It was 35 at 6 pm and who knows what it will be in the morning.