Um...Can you say snow?

minifan

It snowed here yesterday, only about an inch or so, just enough to make a pretty frosting on everything. By noon, it had all melted off....

So sorry the rest of the country is being pounded! I understand there's another major storm, actually two of them coming from two different directions, expected in the Northeast this afternoon. My heart really goes out to all you having a looooong, cooooold, dreadful winter!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya wanna talk about snow? Ok the storm we had yesterday gave us 25 inches of the stuff and the storm that we are still having right now, and it was snowing when I woke up this morning is going to give us at least another 24 inches. The snow bank in front of my house is actually taller than I am. With my winter boots on I'm about 5'5". It's the end of February and we getting hit the hardest. Just can't believe it.

Oh Amy..I am sooooo sorry. I was thinking the same thing. Old Man Winter is holding on with his fingernails..he does not want to let go!!! LOL

I want to tell you that I hope you have a warm up and it all melts away but then you have to deal with flooding..and that is not good either.

It stopped raining last night..now it is snowing (the same storm that is smacking Amy) but we will not get anywhere even close to what she is getting or got. They are talking 1-2 inches..maybe.

I am just sick of all of it. I know some of you dont like to hear us witch about the weather but it has snowed soooo many times this season. It is just depressing.

Bring on the sun!!

Hi Amy. We got hit too! We are in the Mohawk Valley on the south side and boy did we get the snow over the past two days.Now some 38 inches with drifts up to four feet. Poor snowplow guy has put in nearly six hours trying to dig us out. He put in two hours earlier this morning before giving up and going out to get a back hoe that he has been using for the past four. Looks like he has finally finished but do we have walls of snow on either side of the drive and our mailbox is still buried by the county snow plow!!!!!

So far we have had over 5 feet of snow and it's still flurrering right now and we could get 3-4 inches tomorrow. I'm so sick of the stuff. We've been lucky and we haven't lost power but my poor father who lives 20 minutes away hasn't had power for two days and the roads have been so bad that I haven't been able to drive over to his house. Hopefully I'll be able to get over there tomorrow.

I am sitting here and I just heard the sump pump turn on, suck water, and turn off. I have NOT had enough coffee this morning to go down there and see what there is to see.

Since I have been sitting here since 630am and that was the first time I heard it..it must not be too bad. In the Spring it is gonna be a you know what!

Fred and I should start shuffling stuff around down there for the flood. Everything is in plastic totes but there are some baskets on the floor..so those need to be moved.

We have this one area in the basement..if we have a very fast thaw with rain mixed in..it floods..and it is not near the sump pump.

There is snow on the ground and on the street. I wish the sand/salt dude would come by sometime soon. I have to take LuLu to the vet this morning.

How did everyone else do in the NorthEast??

I cannot even imagine that much snow. I am 5 foot nothing so I would be covered up completely. Sorry guys, I think I will take the weather we are having in savannah today which is 60 and sunny!!!

I do however, hope everyone stays safe!!!!

and Heidi, let us know what breed the vet thinks LuLu is.

Well the snow finally stopped. Actually we are suppose to get snow showers off and on through Wednesday but it's pretty much stopped. My area was declared a state of Emergncy yesterday but it's been lifted. I did take pictures and will post them tomorrow or tuesday the latest. My father finally got his power back on. Thank god for that. He did spend the night with me last night but was very eager to get back home this morning. I barely had finished my coffee when he put his hat and coat on. He had to get a guy with a bob cat or back hoe or something to remove all the snow off of his house and property. The snow on the roof of his house was five feet deep, the roof started to buckle from all the weight. But that fixed now too. I still can't believe how much snow we've gotten. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and take a few minutes to see what was going on. I'm off to bed in a couple of minutes.

It was lovely and clear this AM and not as cold, so we went for a short hike in the woods around the beaver pond at Bear Creek before lunch. It got up to 60 today and guess what's in the forecast for tonight: RAIN! My hydrangeas' leaves are starting to bud, the poor camellias think it's Spring already!

It is GORGEOUS out this morning. It is in the upper 40s right now. I took the dogs for a walk first thing. The birds were singing. All I really needed was a light jacket.

They were not shivering one bit.

It is wonderful!

Can you tell I am happy?

But it is going to snow a bit tomorrow. But it will be back up to the upper 40s/low 50s so whatever hits the ground will not last.

Bring on the Spring Fling!!

This AM there is a low cloud hanging out in the woods bwehind the house, and we had a rainstorm with thunder pass through last night at midnight, so it;s probably gonna be well into the 60s here... at last! Heidi, just be very careful doing all that happy dancing!

Nothing here. It rained yesterday but looks pretty so far today. They are saying we'll have a wet spring. Although we need the moisture, wet around here means tornadoes and hail. Not looking forward to that!

in the meantime, my roses are budding out and the iris and mums are coming up. Too early, there will be more freezes.

It was supposed to warm up to near 70 today before the next cold front came through, but it's still in the low 50s; so the cold front will be that much colder, quicker. I wanted to prune today, but it's too cold & damp!

We have had patches of blue sky this morning but now it is overcast again. The snow is melting in a constant drip off of the roof. Can even see patches of dark driveway. Still lots if snow piled everywhere and we are supposed to have some more snow the rest of the week! I am so sick of all this snow!! I am ready for spring.

Temps here topped off at 52 and are on their way back down, down, down once more, with the sun firmly tucked behind clouds that have begun to turn very dark blue-gray to the North. We stayed home waiting for our load of dirt to be delivered so we can bring the camper home from the shop and call the Buddhists to come play landscapers! and the guy with the dirt got 'way behind because of the iffy weather. We're off for another state park adventure this coming weekend, for a week, and I really need to clean house in the camper before we go.

Here are some pictures of the last snowstorm. The first is a picture of my car, the second is a picture of me and the black line indicates where the top of the snow bank stops. When sitting on the front porch, if a pickup truck or car drives past I can hear them but can't see them. The third is a side view of the front porch. My husband had already shoveled the top of the front porch once before this picture was taken.

post-2300-1267581385_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1267581441_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1267581491_thumb.jpg

Amy..OMG :)

That is some crazy you know what!

I was about to complain again because it is snowing...again. But I will shut up because you win hands down so far as the most snow picture from a Greenleafer!