Visiting Tina's Dollhouse Shop tomorrow!!

ItzKathyP

OK - I'm finally biting the bullet. I'm making the 2-hour drive to visit Tina's Dollhouse Shop in Starke, Florida tomorrow morning. Where I live, I have a choice between 1-1/2 hours to Ron's in Orlando or perhaps just a tad longer to Tina's in more-or-less the opposite direction.

I'm so excited because I've put my Pierce on hold for a bit and have started the Fairfield - my first smaller scale house. Starting a new project seems to just beg for a visit to a dollhouse shop, doesn't it?

The REALLY neat thing about this is that now I have TWO houses to shop for!!!! That's an excuse for spending $$$ if I've ever heard one.

Look out, Tina - here I come!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it's over a week, so tell us all about it! I haven't been to Tina's since she moved her business back to her home, and her shop was pretty picked over. I find lots of 1:24 goodies at Ron's, but Tina's would be nearly an hour or more closer!

See my "Loot from Tina's" topic here. (Hope I did that right.) :w00t:

I didn't get to meet Tina herself but her mom was there & very helpful. It's a tiny shop but, as Jeremy says, you can find just about anything you'd need there. It couldn't be much more different from Ron's if it tried - everything is in bins and you get to touch it all! It's really fun to rummage through everything. She doesn't have a great deal of half scale - no building supplies to speak of and just a small amount of furniture - but I was able to get enough to get me started.

The trip there for me was just so much fun. I took 16 off I-95 and the scenery was lovely. It reminded me more of Texas than Florida, with lots of tall pine trees. In one area the magnolias on both sides of the road are unbelievably huge, and form a canopy that you drive under. The St. John's River is really wide at that point. Just beautiful.

I'd go back again, but not necessarily with half scale in mind. Now that I have 2 houses going I know I'll be able to find something there for one or the other.