I bought this house from micheals

asherah

I can relate to that! When school was in, I had an excuse. Now, everyday, I have to make myself do some housework. The bedroom has been finished for nearly a month, so I got in there and hung picture this morning. How's that for procrastinating? Laundry is ok, I can do stuff while the cycle spins, and I can sit at the bar and paint while the pasta cooks. But it's hard to squeeze any play in, when you are mowing grass or vacuuming!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my house with the veranda in dry fit. But I can not get those pinwheel pieces to fit. It I get them in the veranda roof doesn't meet the porch tabs. But I think I will be able to cover the slots. It is such a cute little house.

I gave up on those crazy tabs and just glued the porch roof right onto the house. I don't think it looks that bad.

What I really don't know is what I will do to finish the roof. I don't like that oversized crown that goes on top but there will be a big gap where the front and back roofs should meet. I am not good at this roofing problem. Stan already pointed out that my roof line wasn't exactly perfect in the front but not much I can do about it. I think he is too picky and it doesn't bother me.

As for house work, I have to make myself get something done tomorrow. I will reward myself with dollhouse time if I am a good girl and get my laundry done and the cat hair vacumed up! :wave:

Spent last weekend cleaning the RL house, so can spend time minying guilt free! I'm not in the mood to paint, so need to finish 2 furnitures, and do some touch up on exterior. Our chairs all have padding, and there's clothes in the closet, and a mirror above the sink. My son printed the mural/picture for the livingroom, now, it's a pig's dream come through house. The next part is figuring out that stupid wolf!!! LOL It sure is hard to get everything in one pic!

I gave up on those crazy tabs and just glued the porch roof right onto the house. I don't think it looks that bad.

What I really don't know is what I will do to finish the roof. I don't like that oversized crown that goes on top but there will be a big gap where the front and back roofs should meet.

I didn't like the junk on the roof either. What I did was go ahead and glue the roof on without it. Then I cut poster board (or heavy cardstock) in a strip, folded it in a crisp line down the center and glued it on the top ridge, glued on the roof on either side. You will end up with a long thin strip running across the top of the roof from eave to eave. Then paint it just like you do the rest of the roof, or shingle over it. Once that's all done, no one will even know it's under there.

Ok Sherry I understand what you did with the roof. I already attached the roof and shingled the front. I left off the back because I wanted space to work inside without the roof piece. I guess I could scape off the top row of shingles and put the cardboard strip on. I wish I knew what I was doing! LOL Thanks for all your suggestions and help!

Sue your piggie house is getting better and better! I love the pig at the computer! Great job!

I can't wait to post pics of mine. I had to send my computer in, so I am on another one (hubby's) and I can't load pics on it. Well, maybe this weekend when he is gone.

I did the veranda one. I recut all the doors and windows and put in 'real' ones. Got a better staircase. Moved the upstairs wall. Made the stairwell opening bigger. Added a fireplace and chimney. Great fun.

I am glad I bought both houses - and then went back and bought 2 more. And the furniture.

I can't wait to see what you've done! I started putting one of my verandah houses together. The glue is drying on the first floor while I build my balsa wood chimney. I'm going to try to make a rock chimney, but it's an unusual shape.

Since I have spent sooooo much money on the farmhouse and on stuff to go in the Storybook antique shop, I decided to try and do these with homemade and 'make do' stuff. I found some wallpapers that are 1/2 scale and the colors I want on Jim's printies-what a bonus! So, so far I've spent just the ink for printing on this one...plus 2 bottles of paint, some stripwood, and sealer. But those are staples in my supply closet, so I don't count them. LOL! Anyway, I'm curious to see how yours looks with all the upgrades and bashing!

The thing is, that a house made with homemade items, has so much more personality than one that you just go buy stuff to fill up! Or at least I think so. Maybe that's the art teacher in me, but I love the pig house because I know a little boy put a lot of thought into how he wanted it done, and came up with ideas of how to do it! The fact that he and his mom worked together on that makes it priceless, as it will be to him for the rest of his life. THAT'S a special house!

I found a little figurine at the dollar tree of Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She will be the resident for the house with the veranda. They also had other Princesses in case anyone's interested. I love what everyone else is doing with their houses. I really like the three little pigs house, it is a very special house Sherry, Sue and her son did a fabulous job. I also think the gnomes house is adorable. Great job everyone!

I saw the princesses, very cute! I got Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore. If anyone sees Rabbit, piglet, or owl, please get them for me! I'll be glad to pay you back, plus postage. I would love to make their houses(rabbit, eeyore, and owl) Those are the only ones I think we ever saw.

Paula, Nice work on your MH! I NEED to take pics but my house has been a mess lately. I need to get it together before I post a pic!

Does anyone know how to convert UK money into US dollars? That site has a lot of small miniatures!

Can't wait to see how everyone is decorating their houses :cucumber:

Sherry I will be stopping at our Dollar Tree tomorrow I will look for you! I did see those Disney characters and never thought to use them in the houses! I would like to make a tree house for Tinkerbell!

A house for Tinkerbell would be fun, as would one for Pooh and friends. I went back today and got Ariel, Snow White and Aurora, I didn't care for Cinderella ( she was in a wedding dress). My friend was with me, she said my house should be the Enchanted Princess Cottage, so I guess that's what it is. This same friend gifted me with two Knight statues (about 3 1/2 inches) that she found at a yard sale for 10 cents each! The only Pooh figure I saw here was Pooh, Sherry, but I'll keep an eye out. :cucumber:

Thanks! I'm going after the snow white and 7 dwarves figures I saw at Target, and make the other house with the little porch into the dwarves house for my gd1 for Christmas. She's a princess freak ever since they took her to Disneyworld to eat breakfast with the princesses 2 years ago!

I've got the paperclay on the outside of my first Michael's house, but there's a long way to go . . . I tried to put a picture on here, but I can never get it to work. Why does uploading a picture on here have to be so hard??? Anyway, there's a picture in my gallery. I'll put more pictures on as I make progress.

Love your house Alamom!!!

We have found an animal who will become the wolf today!! It's that plastic cat that belongs to the dog and cat set with the bucket and spilled milk. I used the bucket with the milk inside the fireplace standing up for the landing pot. The cat has been starring me in the face, all along, tonite, he's head first in the chimney, courtesy of my boy!!LOL I'm gonna paint him greyish/black on the hind part. The head don't matter, but any ideas how we can poof up the tail in a more wolf like one? Hope you can see what I mean, might be a little blurry.