I bought this house from micheals

asherah

I have two more houses sitting in my closet like the three piggies one. I was considering getting one more of the ones like I am working on with the 4 rooms I just know I will wish I had when they are gone from the store.

I was wondering if anyone had taken the two room one and divided it up?

I really love the Storybook cottage which is simialiar with only two rooms but can't think what I would do with it.

I am so stuck in the tradional "rooms" I guess I need to build a mansion. ha ha

I got the porch glued on and need to finish roofing. I started working on my kitchen yesterday but got interupted so maybe today. Will take a picture soon! I love your landscaping and textures so maybe I will start to experiment on one of the "piggies" style houses.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this puzzle house kit yesterday at my Michaels. I was so tempted to buy it, but I have too many projects going on right now. But it's good to know that it's there.

Has Michaels discontinued those lovely little hutches? The shelf was completely empty when I was there and I couldn't find anyone to ask at the time.

They may as well discontinue the hutches, the condition of the ones I've seen over the past few years would have me buying at least three to get enough undamaged pieces to make a whole, undamaged one.

Still putting sandpaper shingles on my roof. I had trouble fitting that tiny roof over the front door. I got mad and cut off all the tabs so we will see how that turns out. I never did get those crazy slot things that hold the porch roof onto the house in so I have gaps and holes where those went.....molding?

Still hunting everywhere for people animals 1/2 scale. I need a cat most definitly in my house even if I have to try and make one myself! Has to be a black and white one! Goofy ( my cat) is always trying to help me with the project! Meow!

Our Dollar stores carry bags of small plastic cats for a buck. They can be painted any color you want. HBS also carried the resin/rock type 1/2 inch cats. I've also seen some on Ebay, for a buck or two. They are out there.

I found these family molds today in Michaels. I think they might be the right size for half scale or just about....going to give it a try.

I have been trying to spackle up the holes with some old spackle I had....kind of dried out and making a mess but might be able to fudge it ok. I resisted temptation to buy more little houses....saving my pennies for a "real" house to build...trying to decide on what model. I was going to do the Arthur but now it looks too much like this small house. hmmmmm scratching my head again...

post-4159-1243532396_thumb.jpg

Roxxie, have you looked at the storybook cottage? I have one and can't wait to start on it. I think the design of it makes it suitable for so many things. If I can get this auction house finished tomorrow, I'll get back to my puzzle house and get it done, then I want to try the other one...and the Orchid...and the Brimbles when it comes out...I need a longer summer vacation!

Yes I really like the Storybook and I have no idea what the Brimbles looks like. Is it on this site somewhere?

I like that little Orchid also. My problem is I don't have space in my house for too much and already I have more plans than space. I thought about the Coventry also but the odd shape of it kind of worried me. I will go look in the Gallery again and get inspired. :D

I thought I would like to do a country store maybe.

Ok, so I have my house all punched out. I did a dry fit and hmmmmed and hawed at it. Then I decided I didn't like the windows and the 'door' isn't even a door. There are punchouts on the front wall and you just glue the faux door on the front. So inside it looks like another window. And the stairs are huge.

So off I went shopping. The paladian door at hbs fits the door almost perfect. Then I got the stair kit and the white plastic windows. They arrived today. They are perfect. You can put plastic in the windows and paint the frames (mine will stay white). I am SO anxious to start on it now. What a difference it makes.

I will be ordering more doors and windows for the other houses now that I have seen how great they look.

I haven't done the Storeybook, but I have done (and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) the Sugarplum, which is very similar.

I am going to prime and punch out Crystal's Witch House today, I will be making the 2-room Michael's puzzle house for it.

Working on bedding for the gnome house bed and I have another hint for you! Disposable diapers (new :hug: ) are the perfect thickness for a mattress! I cut out the square, peeled off the plastic, and glued the square of batting to a piece of cardstock. All ready to cover with a sheet, just that quick!

I have been working on the roof and trying to figure out the porch. I also just stuffed air dry clay into the Family molds I bought and tossed it into the freezer where I will have to leave them until morning because I am so sleepy I can't see straight!

You know what I did? The stairs took up so much space I just left it out....now how will my little people get upstairs I ask you? My front door is glued in place for good so they will have to come in the back. lol

Still fussing about the bathroom fixtures.......I can't decide if they need a bathroom at all!

Use your imagination Dear! Your stairs and bathroom can be in the part of the house you don't see!! lol

I put trim in my downstairs, haven't figured out how to make the shelf unit look right in the LR I am working on the bedroom furniture. It's painted a mahogany color, and I varnished it for the pigs. They like it, but I need to make a mattress and pillows, and a blankie for the little fellas.