My Strawberry Patch

justmesue

After whimpering in it's box for 8 months, my Strawberry Patch must have screamed loud enough, to get DH into the building mood again! It's becoming a New Year's tradition. LOL. Must keep an RGT kit handy for this holiday, next year too! HEE HEE! He spent 14 hours hammering this thing together for me yesterday, but it was worth the wait!

DH said he spend so much time on this kit, the main body has to be a Strawberry color, or he and the house will be very angry with me! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! I had no plans to paint anything that size a bright knock your socks off, red. He wants it to be so loud, that anyone who walks through the door, has to be drawn into looking at it! (He's probably looking forward to telling everyone he built it-he still calls the Adirondac cabin "his house" LOL. So, the main body will be red! There's two against one here!! I'm thinking, I have a dark forest green, and a pale blue that may look O.K. together, and we went to get some brown ashphalt shingles for the roof , and some large plug-in eyelets for her Hydro, at the d-shop today. Pics to follow soon.

Strawberries and cream are my favorite too! I think it will be precious when done. By the way, your hubby did an excellent job on the shell.....so give him credit where credit is due. people won't notice the shell anyway when the house is finished.......they will be oohing and ahing over everything else in the house.....LOL

What a way to start the New Year, my whole family is getting in on the action for this one. I was totally thrilled that the children asked if they could help! This will give you an idea of the colors the house and DH have decided they wanted. Keep watching this channel, more pics as progress is made.

3 coats of paint later, and this is the color it's gonna be. The neighbor dropped by to borrow a floor jack last night, and the house definitely had the impact DH intended it to have! " WOW! Where, j'a get that?" Were the first words out of his mouth, after he picked his jaw up off the floor, that is! DH got to talk about his build, and whine about all the issues he encountered, and was praised for being such a "Sweety" (by both of us), to have put himself through all that misery, in order to make the little lady happy! They talked for an hour just about the house! DH, got his well deserved moment of glory, and strutted 'round here last night like a peacock, as giggly and bubbly as a teenager! LOL

That's a lovely shade of red. I think I'd like it better with a darker shade of green, but darker, reddish brown shingles might mitigate that Christmas decoration look. He did a beautiful job!

I got the outside finished! I enjoyed my first go at asphalt shingles. They are great to work with! I don't know if you can tell by the pic, but the shutters, door and porch posts and rails, are powder blue. The colors seem off on my screen. In real life it doesn't look nearly as Christmasy. This is the first house that everyone in the family has actually worked on.

The green is so dark it's nearly black Holly, and the red is called "strawberry", with the powder blue. it looks pretty neat up close and personal. The green looks very pale on my monitor too, and my blue appears white! Crappy puters!

Even my non-mini broand sis-in-law took pics of this one! That was exciting for all of us, 'cause they've never made a fuss, just always commented "It's nice to have money to throw away! Thanks for looking, onto the lights!!

'"

Looking good! I can see the blue on my monitor, not bright, but blue!

Don't you love it when people make disparaging comments about your passion? the teacher I work with loves to say something like 'you must have no life', when I show pictures of something I've spent hours on!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry- I was asked for an exterior pic in another post. I forgot that when you clean up your attachments old post photos are lost. I was sure I unchecked this one-Oh well, here it is again. When I'm totally done the house will add to my album.