I am getting THIS house for a STEAL from Craigslist. LOOK!

sommerstern7

I am not sure what the house is but it is absolutely gorgeous and huge. The interior is an unfinished palate, the exterior is finished. The dimensions are 42x36x20. Does anyone know what this is? Well, I can't believe I scored this for $75. It is pretty much mint. Everything looked straight and VERY well put together. SEVENTY FIVE BUCKS WOW!

post-2981-1229046918_thumb.jpg

Peggi got one that was already built. I built one, it was the second kit I ever put together. If the diagonal wall is in that front room will be "interesting" to decorate.

Yes! I didn't notice the diagonal wall until I got it home. What DO you do with that? To me it just looked like one big room, so maybe I can define that wall a little by putting some victorian cornices and mouldings up. I am in dire need of ideas. Also, any ideas on what colors to do the exterior of the house? It seems kind of drabbish.

This was only my second house, but early on with it in dry-fit I figured out I was going to need to decorate as I went, and that wall was a big part of the decision!lol If it's possible to remove the windows GENTLY it might make things easier to get at it through the window openings... I used a pair of these, from Hobby Builders' Supply, one on each side of the opening:

81306.jpg

and here's how they look in place:

gallery_8_76_127973.jpg

Beautiful house! Hope you get it! When will you know for sure?

I got it last night.The couple selling it turned out to be my mother in law's neighbors and live right down the street from me and DH (less than 4 mi.) as well. Wow! It's a small world (LOL)! Heather (4miniloves) went back with me @ 8:30 to pick it up in HER van. MY van was too trashed from "My Three Sons" (lol) to fit anything else in it. I did not realize just how BIG this was until I went over to see it the first time. Wow! It dwarfs the Harrison! I think his ride might be a little hurt right now. <_<

It's a Dura-Craft Cambridge. I love this house. It reminds me of the Beacon Hill. A few people on the forum have built them.

Thank you for this info. The people selling it didn't know what it was either. She wasn't the one who built it or I am sure she'd REMEMBER it's name--and from the looks of how much is involved in putting it together, a few other names as well <_< . Do you know if the top of the tower is supposed to open or have an open side to reveal a little room at the very top? It is closed, sided, and shingled right now, but there are two windows adjacent to one another from back to front and it looks like it could be a little room (maybe a dusty attic for storage).