This old house...

katwoman

Hi everyone:

I am a vintage clothing and collectibles dealer and have recently come into possession of a three-story doll house for which I have no manufacturer information.

As this is my first doll house acquisition, I would very much appreciate any info anyone can provide regarding its manufacturer, style, and current value; I'm not ashamed to say I'm clueless! For your information, the house was supposedly purchased in the 1960s, is fully furnished, wallpapered and electrified, and measures approximately 21.5" wide x 17" deep x 40" high.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide. I am deeply grateful and would love to sell it as someone's very special Christmas present.

Thanks!

post-3759-1228352924_thumb.jpg

What an incredibly helpful and friendly group of people you are! I cannot thank you enough for your speedy and informative posts, especially you, rodentraiser. I couldn't ask for anything more!

And to answer your question, havanaholly, selling is an issue of space and finances. I think it's an ideal time given the gift-giving season and shoppers' desire to spend thriftily. (Though I must admit there is a part of me that wants to play...)

Thank you again, everyone. I look forward to talking to you all again soon.

-Claudine

It's called the Townhouse Kit # DH-60K and it was by Batrie - the same company that made the Newport, New Orleans, Bostonian and the rest. It's in the Miniature Catalog 3rd edition and whatever year that was, it sold for $199 at that time.

Thanks for telling. It was driving me crazy after I read this last night. I searched the web trying to find it with no success. I found a celerity townhouse that was really cute but not the same. So I'm glad we know now.

You're welcome, Rebecca and Claudine! Actually, now that I think about it, don't quote me on the number for that house. Batrie made a few houses in brick finish and that looks like one of them. So the actual number for that house may be different. I gave you the number for the regular house. Not sure if I can find the number for the brick model. That's what I get for posting at 3am. :congrats: