Does your chatter about dollhouses carry on

Margaret

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me to that list. Oh, what about something along the lines of "I sweat the small stuff, in minis, it's all small stuff. Somebody help me here. I think the idea is getting across, but how I'm saying it could be better, I think.

Or, I'm in a twelve step program for miniature addicts...I'm building the steps and are going to put them in my new dollhouse, or miniature house...however you want to put it.

Just some thoughts...

Terri

I'll mess around with it a little more.....not sure if I like where "love me" is placed. I have a busy day today at the shop, so I will work on it tonight perhaps...I didn't use greenleafs logo, but just their name because it would only be for us, but we could drop that...thanks annie

• 2 weeks later...

Annie, I am so bummed this thread got buried! I wanted to resurrect it again, since I'm still interested in a shirt, and the thread about the Chicago International made me think that it would be so cool for any of us able to go to have a shirt. I'm sure a lot of other forum members would still be interested. I live approximately an hour away from the show, so if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Hey Guys..........Well, let's get some shirts done up then! I guess I need to know how to check with Greenleaf and see if we could put the "Greenleaf Miniature Community Member" on the tee and then I guess I would put the "tees for sale" in the trading post section? You are not suppose to put prices in posts on the trading post section are you? Then I guess folks could pm me with size, address, and credit card numbers, or send a check to me.......What do you think.............

Is this still a go? I would love to get one of these shirts!

And could we get the t-shirts in colors other than white (like light gray?) I put on a white shirt - never fails - I stain it almost immediately. :flowers:

Hi Lisa.........I am kinda waiting on the ok from Dean to use the line "Greenleaf miniature community member".....He emailed today and said it sounded good, but I think he wanted to see photo. I will let you all know and hopefully put an announcement in the trading post section next week. Oh, and now I'm thinking......"love me...love my minis" . What do you guys think? and yes, we can do white, grey, natural color tees (need to keep the shirts a light color). The other thing I'm concerned with is I don't know much about international shipping. Anyone know how to apply rates? annie

The other thing I'm concerned with is I don't know much about international shipping. Anyone know how to apply rates? annie

Annie,

If you plan to mail the shirts via USPS, they have a shipping calculator - once you know the country you will be mailing to - you can calculate the postage (based on the size/weight of the package).

postage calculator

I am going to want one as this would be so neat to wear at the show next year as well as a future (keeping fingers really crossed here :D ) at a Chigaco venture.... One day you know LOL

Hugs

Annie,

If you plan to mail the shirts via USPS, they have a shipping calculator - once you know the country you will be mailing to - you can calculate the postage (based on the size/weight of the package).

postage calculator

Thanks soo much for the link.......hell, I was going to specific countries at their site...whew...much better! annie

I guess I'm pretty lucky because some of my family members understand and are into the hobby as well....

Hubby isn't into dollhouses, but he will listen attentively for a decent period of time while I talk about my ideas. He even offers his advice/opinions about what I should do about an issue I may be having or about color schemes. His standard response is usually...."as long as you're happy baby".

My mom is the one who got me interested in miniatures and since then, she's gotten a Thornhill and a MHM. She LOVES to sit up and talk to me about plans that we have for our houses. We go to miniature shops together and everything...so that's good.

My dad likes the build. He's still working on mom's Thornhill. He's not into the decorating part, so once he's done building, he'll hand it off to her to decorate. So I can talk to him about the build, electrical, building additions, etc.....but his eyes would glaze over if I asked him anything he considered "girly" in nature...(ie, wallpaper, table lamps, etc.)

My sister thinks minis are a waste of time and money. She hasn't come out and said it, but the few times I have talked about them to her, she's gotten this look on her face like "are you serious?" Plus, my sister is a bit on the frugal (read 'cheap') side when it comes to ALL things and will pinch a penny til it hollars.

My daughter thinks minis are "cute", but she's not really INTO them like I am. I'm hoping she'll be more interested when she gets older. Right now if you're not talking about Hannah Montana, High School Musical or the Cheetah Girls, it goes in one ear and out the other.

;)

I would love one of those shirts. My DH will listen to me because I listen to him, but I see the glazed uninterested look in his eyes. It is probably the same look I give him when he talks about concerts and action figures.

I'll email dean again and make sure it is ok to use the phrase "greenleaf miniature community member". He said he thought it sounded good, but I, for the love of gosh, couldn't upload sample in the pm part thingee.........anyone interested... pic in my gallery.

Whenever I attend meetings of organizations where we're supposed to wear nametags I now wear the one Peggi made me for last year's Atlanta minature show; it has the Greenleaf logo: logo4.gif

and that's the only thing I'd add to your teeshirt design, Annie.