What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

ROTFLMAO!!!

When your memory goes, every day is full of surprises! :roflmao: 

1 hour ago, sparklepuppies said:

Kathie, I have a Cheltenham too! Let me know when you get ready to start yours, maybe we can do them together. :)

Sounds like a plan if you're not in a hurry to get started. :D 

15 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

No hurries here! I had forgotten about mine too until you mentioned it! We both have Beacon Hills to finish too. :)

Definitely kindred spirits. :)

You think!!!. I just got a freebie off Craigs list today and I have three in the mail as we speak..

One of my Chihuahuas makes a hideaway  den under one of my sofas, her nose is really going to out of joint after next week.

Isn't hoarding that show where you can't move through your house without climbing..well mine are well hidden so it can't be hoarding !!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

This is sounding like doll house hoarding! 

Wash your mouth out with soap! :D 

2 hours ago, Jeannine said:

You think!!!. I just got a freebie off Craigs list today and I have three in the mail as we speak..

One of my Chihuahuas makes a hideaway  den under one of my sofas, her nose is really going to out of joint after next week.

Isn't hoarding that show where you can't move through your house without climbing..well mine are well hidden so it can't be hoarding !!!!

Ignore Goldenrodfarm's opinion on hoarding. I think her account has been taken over by aliens. We must get help for her!

I used to foster Chihuahuas. Love those little imps. :)

Absolutely ... consider the forgotten Cheltenham I found hidden in a closet the other day. Definitely not hoarding, just a judicious use of storage space, I'd say.

• Like 1

Sure agree on that one, I could get at least eleven under ,my electric bed and nobody would know but me. I also have the hatch up into my loft, I have nothing up there.

I don't knpw anout Goldenrod though, takes one to know one comes to mind...nuff said

Except for the boxed Garfield, which is in the livingroom waiting for me to get out to the shop and finish Brimble's so I can clean up and rearrange the stack of kit boxes to add it, all the dollhouses in my house are already built (never finished!).  What Barbara fails to realize is that we are miniaturists, therefore we cannot be hoarders, since we always need somewhere to put our built houses.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

This is sounding like doll house hoarding! 

Only when you can see 'em. I've had kits stashed under the sofa, behind the sofa, behind the dresser, and behind the miniatures cabinet. Every time management comes in to tell me I have too much stuff, it's not the kits they're talking about because they can't see them. Can you imagine what they'd say if they could! LOL

But everytime you add another one behind the dresser or sofa etc doesn't the sofa move a few inches forward, you may end up with a very small space left in the middle, they may notice that .

I know it is doubtful that I will ever finish what I have collected just lately.

• Like 1

On Thursday, September 07, 2017 9:49:46, Jeannine said:

Kelly. judging by what you said you must have been doing obedience with your dog. I used to show dogs but not in obedience, I was never very good at that LOL

Well, yes and no. People with normal dogs do obedience. People who are normal owners don't attempt the impossible. I had both things going against me.

What breed did you show? I had a half Doberman, half mule, half rattlesnake breed of dog. When he wasn't doing this:

crash8.jpg.512e68b6cb18888bfcc14c53b14e7

this was his preferred activity:

crash9.jpg.ec78c9ae07327a911f5a3af45317f

And somehow he got away with sleeping on the bed, too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

But everytime you add another one behind the dresser or sofa etc doesn't the sofa move a few inches forward, you may end up with a very small space left in the middle, they may notice that .

I know it is doubtful that I will ever finish what I have collected just lately.

Sofa, yes, dresser, no. The dresser is in a recessed area in my room and isn't deep enough to fill it. So I have two LARGE kits hiding back there that can't be seen.

He looks darling, and of course he sleeps on the bed, that is what beds are for.

In the UK I showed Old English Sheepdogs,  Pugs and Tibetan Spaniels,I also bred those. then I showed Cardigan corgis and Pekes for a friend. and did her whelping.When I moved to Canada I brought only one OES and 7 Tibetan spaniels,they were not recognised by the CKC ot AKC back then. There 19 in Canada and my 7 took them over the magic 25 so Canada got them on the list.  The  first Tibetan Spaniel that was registered in the US was bred by me, just a bit of Tibeatn Spaniel American history.

We should have a topic to show our pets, something we can all smile over. Go for it!!

XX Jeannine

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jeannine said:

...We should have a topic to show our pets, something we can all smile over...

We have two different public albums in the Off Topic section of our Gallery:  Good Pets Acting Cute and Good Pets Acting Bad! as well as Rainbow Bridge.

19 hours ago, KathieB said:

Wash your mouth out with soap! :D 

Ignore Goldenrodfarm's opinion on hoarding. I think her account has been taken over by aliens. We must get help for her!

It is just jealousy!  You guys are really inspiring me to do a house this winter, or maybe 2 or 3...............

As I said before, I do have a really big house, barn, 3 story shed and lots of storage space, I could have a dollhouse room upstairs!

• Like 1

Oh well, since my face is not green but we are showing off. My daughter lives in the top two floors of the main house but I have a full 3 bedroomed suite in the lower floor sitting completely empty.. I could have a museum. I only moved out of it because the stairs were a problem and the carriage house I live in which is behind the main is all one level. We have been sort of wondering what to do with it!!!!

So what three houses are you going to do this winter..dare you!!

Oh, you guys all make me feel better!  Since my bypass surgery almost two years ago I've been just as likely to forget my own name, and I had to relearn all the people in my life - I kept having people I knew I knew but didn't know HOW I knew them, coming up and giving me bear hugs.  Anyway, much better now, and, hooray, found that yes, I can once again do my mini crochet, oh, what fun!  I'm planning on reopening my Etsy shop pretty soon, just making minis to put in it.

And dear Koko (my cat and avatar) is still his sweet self, though slowing down a bit - I'm guessing he's around 14 now, but still actively hunting the fields at night, though no longer out partying all night long.

We here in Roslyn, WA are on a type 2 evacuation order, which means we could get told to bug out any time, and have been for several days.  We're really close to a huge wildfire and have had really terrible smoke until the wind shifted yesterday and cleared some of it out.  Scary!  But the over 800 firefighters working on it have got a pretty good perimeter set up, so it's not growing right now.  Anybody wants to look it up, it's the Jolly Mountain fire and it's the worst anyone has seen around here for many a year.  No rain in sight either, sigh.  Mommy Nature does seem to be on a worldwide rampage just lately...

Folks, the main news from me is that I am well, happy, healthy, and putting my life back together after the most bizarre run of health crises.   Gosh, I am so glad to find you all still here!

57 minutes ago, Mary K said:

Folks, the main news from me is that I am well, happy, healthy, and putting my life back together after the most bizarre run of health crises.   Gosh, I am so glad to find you all still here!

And we're glad you're back with us! Welcome back, Mary K, on all kinds of levels! Keeping fingers crossed that you do not have to evacuate.