Hello out there Minis

violet

Just wanted to say I'm new and that I love this site. I am working on the Greenleaf, Pierce. What a job. I won't say how long I let it sit before I decided to start again, except that my little girl has her own little girl now that I will be building it for. Boy, how time does fly. Ha. Anyways, I'm from Cincinnati, OH. And am looking forward to all the knowledge and advice I can get. :yay:

Hi!!! I'm new as well. I'm starting off with an Orchard. I'm scared that i'll end up losing interest and not getting it finished until a long time from now. Tried a mini years ago when I was a teenie and never got it done. Fraid to say that I'm feeling a bit overwelmed eventhou it's a much smaller project than yours. I've just seen too many wonderful projects on here to let mine be too simple. Good luck and look forward to seeing pics of ur progress.

Thank you both for the reply, Makes me feel sooooooooooooo welcome. I've gotten stumped with the lighting on this dollhouse. Just don't know what to do. That's why I quit the last time. There's a mini show coming up in April, I will ask some questions when I go to it. I'm really just not sure I want to put the lights in. Undecided right now. I think I will search the post to see if anyone has electrified the Pierce. Thanks for the warm Welcome. Kathy

Hi, and welcome! The Pierce is a really nice house! Lighting intimidates me, too. I haven't tried it yet...got a kit and all the components, but keep staring at it and setting it aside.. :popcorn:

The house can look lovely without lights...some folks here don't put in lighting at all, and they're "master builders"...so just not doing it might free you up to go ahead and finish! :unsure:

As soon as you make 5 posts you can then open an album and post pictures. We LOVE pictures! :(

Hi and welcome! There is a great tutorial on the site for electrifying houses. You can also add lights later if you want by running wires behind the baseboards. You just wouldn't glue the baseboards in. I don't put lights in mine and I like them anyway. :popcorn:

I've gotten stumped with the lighting on this dollhouse...I'm really just not sure I want to put the lights in.
Welcome to our "little" family, Kathy, and quite a few of us choose not to electrify for several reasons. My houses talk to me when I start to build them (actually I now pass on getting a kit if it doesn't start talking to me when I look at the picture!lol) and I have only had one that wanted lights, but then the person who wanted the houses didn't want lights! I personally prefer not to have lights, although I like seeing them working in other peoples' houses.
I'm scared that i'll end up losing interest and not getting it finished until a long time from now. Tried a mini years ago when I was a teenie and never got it done. Fraid to say that I'm feeling a bit overwelmed eventhou it's a much smaller project than yours. I've just seen too many wonderful projects on here to let mine be too simple.
I'm trying to think of a nice way to put this, you will get the very best results by starting out SIMPLE. The bashing and adding and decorating all comes along when the house starts to "talk" to you, and can be done after the basic build.

BTW, "master builder" is a label I was given here because I get to be a member of the building team, when I get to build a kit whether it talks to me first or not (because sooner or later when you're building the kit will speak to you and tell you what it does or doesn't want!). And I still get the nervous wobblies every time I open a box! So there.