Hello from western Connecticut

Hi everyone. My name is Melissa and I'm a new member to this community. I purchased my first (and only) dollhouse in 1983 from The Enchanted Dollhouse located in Manchester Center, Vermont. The shop was one of the finest in the east, but unfortunately, is out of business now. I managed to complete the shell, but that was all. Along came a family. Between the family, keeping up with the house, and working full time...well, you know how it is. Two years ago I started working on the house again. I have completed the exterior and all interior floors, ceilings and walls. I'm not one to join discussion forums, so this is a first for me. But I've been impressed with the talent, knowledge and friendship shared on this forum and felt that it was time for me to join. Unfortunately most of the dollhouse and miniature shows and shops are gone in Connecticut. I just don't understand why. With what other pastime can you be an architect, a builder, a designer, a carpenter, a painter, an artist, a potter, a weaver, a seamstress...the list is endless! I've always enjoyed all types of crafts, so this is the perfect hobby for me. I'm very glad that I found this forum and look forward to being a part of this wonderful community.

Welcome Melissa! I am usually really quiet here, but I really do like this community. I haven't met too many people in CT with dollhouse hobby, and there are no 'groups' around where I live. Just wanted to say 'Welcome' to a CT person.........are you going to the Danbury show? I haven't decided yet, it would be the first time for me. Leslie

Hi and :popcorn:, Melissa!! I grew up in CT and moved to Massachusetts for grad school and stayed here. There is a show in Danbury in a couple weeks and one in Sturbridge, MA May 31st/June 1st. I know a couple of people from here are talking about going to the Danbury show and a couple of us are planning on going to the Sturbridge Show. I would love to see pictures of your house.

:unsure:

Welcome to the forum Melissa! I am now in Maine, but I was born and raised in Sturbridge, Mass, so of course I spent a lot of time In CT. This is a really wonderful place. You're going to be very glad you joined!

When you make 5 posts, you can create an album. We love eye candy, and can't wait to see your dollhouse!

Hi Melissa and welcome to the forum!

I am also from CT orginally and now live outside Springfield, MA, right around the corner! I also thought I was not one for "that computer stuff" like forums and such, but this one has made me a believer! You will love it here, everyone is so nice and helpful. Any help, advice, or support you need, you will find it here, along with new friends.

Welcome!