Not Really New

Caseymini

Hi Everyone,

I found this website through Gina's More Minis blog. Thanks Gina! I also know another Gina here. Hi Wolfie!!!

I am a new member, but not new to minis. I started by building my 4 year old daughter a dollhouse kit for Christmas in 1979. A one time thing? Sure it was! 29 years later and many houses later, I am still doing it.

I got myself a job at a dollhouse store in 1981.....Big mistake! I believe it is known as "feeding the habit". :D I joined the local miniature club and then met Pat Arnell of the "Mini Time Machine". She hired me to do restoration work on her antique dollhouses. The first one I did was a 1920s English cottage. I have never counted how many I worked on there. My favorite was the oldest one. It was an English Georgian cabinet house from 1775.

Meanwhile I was doing minis for myself too. In the course of things, I did a 10 room castle in 1989 called "Once upon a time". That one made it into Nutshell News.

I always seem to go back to Greenleaf, Corona and Duracraft for fun tho. I am working on a "mystery" Duracraft right now. I got it at a garage sale, already built, for $9.00. It looks like a Linfield but has a balcony outside the second story bedroom. Any ideas as to what it is??

I think that is enough introduction. I think I am going to like it here. I hope I did this right!

Caseymini

Hi there Casey,Im glad you found your way here! I hope you'll fill up the gallery with some of your projects, you can start a new topic and attach a photo to it also, maybe we can figure out together what house that is!

Hi! Thanks for all the welcomes. If any of you want to see some of my minis, I have a bunch of mini photos on flickr. Here's the url if you are interested. The mystery house is under that heading and all of the minis are just under miniatures.

Caseymini

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7273009@N03/

The bears are sleeping right now...... I had a long time off from making dolls due to the fall. I'm retired now from the rat race of the working world and Doug sort of pushed me back into making dolls a couple of years ago. I love being retired!