Not so new member

Bea Killion

Hi all. I know this is kinda late but when I first joined I couldn't figure out where to go so I kinda introduced myself in someone else's topic. So here it goes. I am married 43 years( the 24th of this month). I have one son who is married. And 2 daughters, one married, one divorces. I have 6 grandaughters and 1 grandson. I was 17 and my husband 18 when we got married. Formerly from NJ we moved to SC 1 1/2 years ago. Before that I owned a dog grooming business for 10 years in NJ. I don't do it anymore down here because I was getting chronic tendonitis in my shoulder elbow and wrist from using the same arm for all those years. I've been looking for some kind of job down here, but I think because of my age no body calls me for an interview. My husband had the same problems. It took 7 months for him to get a job. He finally got one at Home Depot(and they love him). You can't always go by age. Meeting someone in person gives a better idea of what you're all about. He painted cars up north for 20 years. The fumes were bad and he was ready for something else. I made my first dollhouse about 5 years ago. I made Victoria's farmhouse. I gave that one to my grandaughter. The next was The Alexandria. I stopped working on it when I was almost finished. I was frustrated with the stairs . Anyway when we were loading the moving truck we ran out of room. We had it on the front lawn. A neighborhood policeman came by and saw it and asked about it. We ended up giving it to him for his daughter. I also build a small greenleaf(can't remember the name). So a few months ago I found all the furniture I had bought for the Alexandria and decided to build another dollhouse. It was the Princess Anne. I sold that one. Needed the money. I also made the Harrison and sold unfurnished. Then came the Victorian cottage 2 of them. Then the Victorian farmhouse and a Victoria's Farmhouse, the houseboat, trailer. I'm presently working on the Willow(almost done, needs moldings) and the Glencroft. Got those 2 for Christmas. In the past before dollhouses I made Porcelain dolls, I've made pottery, ceramics, oil painting, made tons of jewelry, soft doll sculpture, sewed all the doll clothes for the porcelain dolls, made about a dozen crocheted afghans and I made and sold about 30 Reborn babies :p Must be boreing you all now. I guess you can say I just can't sit still. In between I take care of my 3 Bichons, 2 Bassett hounds, African grey parrot, 2 love birds and my DH. Also I go to the gym a few days a week. But since I started making dollhouses again, it's become a huge obsession. I'm so happy I found this forum. It's a nice place to go to share ideas and feelings. I'm glad to get to know you all. Bea

Not boring at all, Bea, and I'm SO glad to know more about you. Our two younger sons were both born in Union, SC and the eldest one lives in Charleston. You know that Gayle lives in Spartanburg and Gayle II lives in Col'a. I don't know if the Cross Keys House is still standing, but that's the sone I'd want to finish off the Willow to look like, if I ever get to build one.