Look what I did today

CJEP

• 4 weeks later...

I gave Steve his gift today and he loved it!! I think it is his favorite gift I have ever given him. Of course the chess table tipped over so we have to replace the all the pieces, but that won't take too much time. Just wanted to share my happiness in gift giving!!

It looks great, Carrie-- I love roomboxes with personal touches-- they're the best. That's a great little chair-- where did you get that?

My sister made it when we were young. I believe it is from a House of Miniatures kit. I have a matching love seat which is in my San Franciscan and several tables she made as well. She has our doll collection, and I have our miniatures.

I am glad he loved your present. The personal details are what makes it come alive to me, it looks like you could curl up in the chair with a kitty on your lap and read a good book, or gaze at the all the momentos in the room and get lost in a day dream!

Very nice! Is that a lighthouse base on the lamp? What a find! It's warm and cozy and full of life and love--he'll love it!

Yes it is. They also sell a floor model of it. I got it at HBS.

Thank you everyone. I really enjoyed doing it and am glad he really loves it. Last night we discussed places he could put it.