Hello there

mlvenan

Hi. My name is Michelle, and I'm thinking of building a doll house. Right now, I'm looking at building the Lily (I thought the Beacon Hill might be a little too ambitious for a first timer). However, I'm worried that even the Lily might be a little much for someone who's never done anything like this. My sister suggested I start with a smaller/simpler house, but I would rather put money and time into a house that I really like. The pictures that people have posted of the Lily are GORGEOUS, and I'm fascinated to see how one house can take on so many different styles and personalities. I wonder what my Lily would want to be!

Hi and welcome Michelle :p

Both are beautiful houses. I haven't built my lily yet, so i can't say how easy or hard that house it. I have built the BH and it's really not hard. Its' a wonderful house!

Hi and :p to the group!

Both the Lily and the Beacon Hill are big projects but, the Lily was my 1st dollhouse and I got through it (with a little help from hubby) :p

I would always get the DH that you really want but, check out the gallery in here! People have done the most amazing things with even the small, and not-so-fancy kits!

Keep us posted on what you choose!

Welcome to our "little" family, Michelle; the Lily is truly a beautiful house and there are many, many ways to build it. The Beacon Hill is also lovely and probably not really any more difficult to build. Once you begin building them it doesn't matter which kit you build, any one of them can be decorated or bashed into a thing of pride & beauty and it just depends on the time & care you take with it and what it tells you it wants to become. A lot of people, even those who have already built kits before, will tell you to "start small", and if you have a child to build for that's probably good advice. If you are really drawn to a larger kit, THAT's the one for you to build, when you have us to answer questions and give you suggestions and encouragement.

Hello Michelle! :p

I've got the Beacon Hill on my wishlist, and thanks to the people here I've been looking at the Lily lately too. No matter which house you choose as your first, they all seem to take on different personalities! Good luck, and we'll be here to help you through any rough spots!

Hello and Welcome. The Lily was my first build. There was some challenges,but thanks to the people on this and the old forum all were overcame. Check out the Team build of this house. The link is here

I have lots of building pics included and so does other members.