Hi everyone

Mike and Chris

Hi everyone, This is my first try at this. My wife always wanted a doll house and now she has it. I got the Garfield now I just need to surf this place to fond out how to do this the right way. I have another hobby of salt water reef tanks so I really know the need to start out on the right foot. Just wait for all the dumb questions :lol: :wub:. Hope to meet allot of nice people hear. Thanks for letting us in.

Mike

Hello and welcome to the forum!! Oh my, what a lovley house your wife will get with that Garfield!!! And by the way, there are no such things as "dumb" questions, all questions are good as they pose things in different lights for all of us!

Looking forward to follow your build of this gorgeous house! Ah, another thing though, stay clear of that hot glue whatever the instructions tell ya'!!!

Hugs

Hi and :lol:! This is a great place to ask questions. There is always someone around to help. The biggest starting out tip I will give you is not to use hot glue like the directions say. Use either wood glue or tacky craft glue. Check out the General Minis section on this forum. There are many topics pinned on the top for beginners. Good luck!!

:wub:

Hi and welcome to the forum. She is so lucky to get that dollhouse.

We just started a 40 gallon salt water fish tank about 6 weeks ago. It is almost all cycled. We have green cromis in it now to break it in. We also have a 46 gallon freshwater tank.

Hello and :lol:

The Garfield is a GORGEOUS house, your wife is very lucky! There are no "dumb" questions, and I've learned from being on many internet forums that with many fresh faces also comes fresh ideas to old questions. So don't be afraid to ask. :wub:

Hello and welcome! You have chosen a most beautiful dollhouse for your wife! What a lucky gal! You'll see lots of people here have built the Garfield, and there are lots of blogs for you to surf to get good information, inspiration and direction.

Wolfie

Welcome again, Mike. I take exception to your header, "Just a newbie", as every single one of us was a total newbie at some point, and every time I start a build I'm still a newbie!

BTW, failure & experience make far more effective teachers than formal lessons.

BTW, failure & experience make far more effective teachers than formal lessons.

Well said, Holly! Welcome Mike, and what a wonderful house for your wife! It is a beauty, that's for sure. And as everyone else posted, this is a great place for questions! I'm still new to this hobby/obsession myself, but this forum has been great! They are very helpful and always encourage you along the way. I have learned a lot on here, and know there is more to learn.

Just a warning, we love "eye candy", so we can't wait to see pictures of the build as you go :rolleyes:

Welcome! What a coincidence. I do dollhouses and my husband's hobby is saltwater fish tanks. Both unfortunately can be a bit pricey. I am definitely taking more space in the house with my six houses than he is with his two tanks. I'm sure he'd love another one, though!

Ya thats cool Amy, I have three tanks a 180, 34 and a 12 gallon. But they are all full and can't play much with them so now I guess its play with the house. I think the wife would be happy just to put it together and paint it up but I would like to do it like the way all of you have they all just look soooooooooooooo cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!

The Garfield is an incredible house! A look through the member's gallery will give you tons of eye candy when it comes to this particular house (lotsa other houses too)!

And don't worry about being a newbie - 'cause that's where everyone starts out as Holly mentioned already :)

The wealth of information you will find on this site will have you well on your way to creating your masterpiece in miniature!

Hi Mike - here's a belated welcome to the forum! (Not sure how I missed you before - sorry about that.) The Garfield is a beautiful house - what a lucky wife. Will you work on it together? I hope you will share the progress with us. :)