Chocolate Cake for the masses.......

Wolfie

Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake In The World

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug (Large works best)

4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons baking cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix

thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!) And why is this the

most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only

5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

I used a soup mug to make this, and it doesn't get up over the rim.....a large coffee mug works great! Also we have a half pint microwave, so I cooked ours at 8 minutes and it worked great!

Kool Whip or whipped cream or ice cream on top works great! What a treat! The next one I do will have chopped nuts in it. This is so tasty!

To anyone who is interested (let me know if you are)..I am going to experiment with this recipe to see if I can veganize it.

Meaning no dairy and no eggs. That is so Chelsea can eat it too. I will do the regular recipe for comparison. If I can get it made successfully I will add it to this post.

It will be good for those who have cholesterol issues too.

So glad you like it! We found it very very tasty! And when you don't have the time or inclination to make a regular cake, this works! Quick snack! Great to pack for school lunches too! Make it fresh, wrap in foil, and off your child goes with homemade chocolate cake to boot! And so quick!

The only difference in cake and pastry flour is that it is a finer grind then all purpose flour. I bake and decorate cakes and I have more cake flour in the house than I do all purpose flour. These sound great and I can't wait to get some cocoa and try it.

I think I am going to hate you real soon.

Another yummy thing to try is to take 2 pieces of bread, put your favorite jam on one and cream cheese on the other. put them together like a sandwich and use that to make french toast (dip it in a milk and egg mixture). Sounds icky, but boy is it good!

I think I am going to hate you real soon.

Another yummy thing to try is to take 2 pieces of bread, put your favorite jam on one and cream cheese on the other. put them together like a sandwich and use that to make french toast (dip it in a milk and egg mixture). Sounds icky, but boy is it good!

Oh yes! Nigella Lawson got us addicted to that. It is called a Hungarian Sandwich. It is sooooo good. I use sour cherry jam (because that is all I could find at specialty shop)

Ok, I made the cake, but if you have a 1,000,000 watt microwave like I do 2 minutes will prolly do. Of course I did not realize

my micro was so powerful. Let's just say I made 2 hockey pucks. lol

The taste was good, but the texture was more like rubber duckies.

Next time I'll cook for 2 min., add 1 t. espresso powder, and a wee pinch salt. I did however use cake flour, dutch processed cocoa, 65% lindt chocolate, and soy milk, and I coated the cut up chocolate with a little flour to keep from sinking to the bottom of the batter.

Thanks for the recipe, there is always next time, now that I know better.

For those who asked for it, here is my spiced mocha coffee receipe again! It's fab with the cake! Also Carnation Coffee-Mate has come out with a wonderful new liquid creamer called Italian Sweet Cream, and it's wonderful with this coffee!

Gina’s Spicy Mocha Mix Recipe

½ Cup Sugar

¼ Cup Instant coffee (dry) (I love Folgers’s Crystals)

¼ cup BAKING cocoa – I use Hershey’s

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Stir all ingredients until completely mixed. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature for up to six months.

For each serving please 1 to 2 teaspoons mix in cup or mug and fill with 2/3 cup boiling water. Stir. Top with whipped cream if desired, or use half and half or better yet – either dry coffee mate or one of the flavored coffee mates!

To double the recipe or make two batches:

1 cup Sugar

½ Cup coffee

½ cup baking cocoa

2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

OR you can make 4 batches at once – which is what I do…..I don’t like running out!

2 cups sugar

1 cup instant coffee (dry)

1 cup baking cocoa

4 teaspoons ground nutmeg

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

I keep these in jars…..and if you want something different try this one:

Java Mix (use the basic recipe – or double using the other recipes…

Decrease cocoa to 2 tablespoons and omit nutmeg and cinnamon.

Orange Café au Lait Mix (Use the basic recipe or double using the other recipes…..)

Omit cocoa and nutmeg. Add ½ cup powdered nondairy creamer and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel. I like this one too! Oh, it’s good when it’s cold outside and snowing!

I gave away a jar to each of my neighbors for the holidays and they loved them.

Ack, now this does it Wolfie :blink: , I need to try both these out, we'll see if I ave all the stuff needed at home, or what I possibly could use instead as over here we do lack some of things avaliable over with you....

Hugs

WARNING! The coffee is highly addictive! As is this decadent cake!

I suspected that :D and I welcome it LOL, eventhough I am trying to keep on a low caffeine (sp?) intake nowadays... I think making your coffee would render some great Christmas gifts this year :) as I have a few caffeinists in the family :blink:

Hugs

This cake is fabulous! As for calories, I learned this a long time ago -- so long as you break off a piece of whatever you've baked -- cake, cookies, pie, etc. -- there ARE no calories! All the calories fall OUT of the broken pieces!!!!! So you can eat as much as you want!! Cutting won't do; the cake or pie expects to be cut, the cookie eaten whole, so it "mends" quickly at the cut pieces. But it doesn't expect to be broken, so the calories fall out!! (And Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!!) :lol: :wub:

I really like your thinking Ann! LOL I tried the melted butter rather than the oil, and it was tasty! Very tasty! But I stuck with the vanilla still. Oh and by the way CoffeeMate has come out with another decadent flavor for the coffee I love..... Black Cherry Stresel.....LOL OMG I died and went to flavor heaven! This stuff is gooooooood especially with hot chocolate and the spiced coffee I love...heavenly!