A very bad day

Peggi

Friday afternoon around 3 I was leaving a business lunch, and thought I had looked both ways and didn't see anything but BAM I was hit. I apparently did not look good enough and pulled out in front a lady. Luckily no one was hurt, just a little stiff from the seat belts pulling us back. But my car maybe totalled. both fenders, the hood, the grill, radiator and battery all busted.

I'm 53 and this is my first at fault accident. It was scary. What is really scary is I really did not see her coming. The strongest drink I had was ice tea. I wasn't being impatient, so I don't know why I didn't see her.

But like I said the good news is everyone beside being a little shook up was ok. and I have good insurance, just have to go thru the hassle of waiting to see if they fix it or total it. If it is totalled then the hassle of finding another vehicle.

Just needed to vent at my stupidity. Thanks for listening.

Peggi

Peggi, I am so happy that everyone is okay! Thank God and Count your blessings. As regards to not seeing her, Peggi don't worry. It is called an accident because that's what they are :lol: . If we can see it about to happen it would not be an accident.

We are all imperfect (I am blind as a bat in light :lol: ) without my glasses or contacts and I have made some pretty dumb mistakes myself.

About 5 years ago, I was parking my Jeep in our small 1 car garage. As I was backing in, the darn garage MOVED and I dented the bumper. Sheesh, when I told the story to my hubby like that, he could only laugh (So he was not too upset that I had damaged our brand new jeep grand cherokee ;) ).

Cars are just things and things are lost, broken or stolen often. Your life is in tack and THAT my dear sweetheart, is more important. I am so Thankful you are feeling well and just a little shacken up. Keep us informed dear!

Gee, I knew I could count on you gals to perk me up. ;) I am very fortunate, a couple of coworker/friends were also at the meeting and took me and my friend who was with me home, so I didn't even have to call hubby to come get me.

It's so nice to have friends that care, even when some of them are cyberspace friends.

I'll update you when I hear from the insurance company and I may need more support according to how high my ticket will be. It may put a stop to my miniing for a while. :lol:

Peggi

As long as there is a miniature spirit in you, you can make minis from everyday things! Toilet paper rolls, card board cereal boxes news paper. You can be the Macgyver of Minis.

:lol:

A little bit of Teresa's Pucker juice will have you singing and eating chocolate in no time!

:lol:

Then the mini ideas will flow! After hubby see you creating a mini winter scene with frosted flakes, he'll give you $$$ for minis ;) .

Hi Peggy,

I'm kinda new here and at dollhouses. So you don't know me. But I wanted to tell you how sorry I am that had to go through a trumatic thing as an accident. I'm very thankful that you are alright. Sometimes we just don't see things as we should. So please don't feel so bad about that.

I decided since I didn't know you, I would get to know you by looking at your photo page. There you have a beautiful Lily!! I was just given a Lily yesteday from a very nice lady that built it. She was moving and she dropped it. So now it will need repairs. So this will be quite a project for me. But by looking at your photos, now I can see what I need to do.

Take care and remember you are safe, and that's what matters.

Robin

Peggi, my husband is an insurance adjuster, and the fact that you really don't know what happened is why they are called accidents, and it can happen quick. He always has a story to tell when he gets home in the evening.

Just thankful that no one was hurt, it could have been bad.

Everything will be ok, just wait and see! ;)

Peggi - so sorry to hear about your accident. We breeze along thinking that nothing too serious can ever go wrong. When we take a hit, our vulnerability scares us. I pray that you'll feel stronger soon. Be sure to take time to care for yourself. You have been through a lot and need time to heal.

My prayers are with you. Please keep us all posted on how you're doing (and feeling).

Susanne

About three years ago I plowed into a truck at a four-way stop. Like you, I thought I'd looked, but either I didn't see the guy or he wasn't there when I looked. Either way, he was already partway through the intersection when I started through -- he honked, I wasn't able to turn in time, and I drove into his back passenger door. His car (a Tundra) was not very damaged. My Corolla completely crumpled up - it was totalled.

It was very upsetting (I felt like I'd killed my car!) but in the long run, what mattered was that I was okay, and only the car was damaged. :lol: My insurance rates went up... it was supposed to be for three years, but my insurance company must have miscalculated the date since the accident when they sent my renewal quote this year because the points disappeared from my record a few months early. I didn't point out the mistake!

Glad to hear you're okay, and hope the process of getting your car fixed, etc. is not too painful. ;)

That must have been so scarey to have that happen, I'm glad that you and everone else involved is ok, but I know how frustrating it all must be. Hope you make it thru the red tape ok and that the courts are gentle with you as far as a ticket price. Hope your car can be fixed in a timely manner or that it can be replaced without too much hassle.

Just think, it'll probably never happen again because you'll be super-vigilant now in light of what happened. I went thru a red light (didn't even know I had done it) about a month ago. I was stopped even, but when the 2 turn signals turned green, I sailed straight on thru the intersection. Scarey stuff. Supposedly I almost caused an accident, but, thank God, I got thru without incident (minus my first ticket ever!! ;) ). But now I'm very careful about all intersections and lights and anything related to traffic, so I see it as a wakeup call. Hope nothing like this ever happens to you again!

Trudi

Peggi, Iam sorry to hear about your accident but Iam glad no one was hurt. I have never been in a accident before but Iam sure it is pretty scary. This summer a young man wrecked his truck in my front yard and I never want to hear that sound again. I hope your insurance doesnt go up too awfully bad for you. If they total your car you can get a NEW one car shopping is sooo much fun LOL. I just recently got a brand new mini van(2002) and I love it alot bigger then my old car lol.

Lyn

A little bit of Teresa's Pucker juice will have you singing and eating chocolate in no time!

Then the mini ideas will flow! After hubby see you creating a mini winter scene with frosted flakes, he'll give you $$$ for minis

Tracy, you kill me!! Frosted flakes . . . who would have thought!! :lol:

Peggi, I'm pouring you a Green Apple Pucker!! ;) Cheers!!

Peggi,

I'm so glad you're alright! I've had a few accidents in my younger days and there's nothing like having good insurance! I remember one car - a cadillac that I had for 3 days before it got totalled - Both kids were in the car with me and we got broadsided straight on by someon who ran a stopsign - we all walked away but the car was a loss - and I was So glad it was a solid car! if I'd been driving our other car at the time all of us would have been hurt. I'm really glad you were in a good car - even if it's totalled You're ok!! It's a hastle to find another vehicle but it's a lot easier to replace a machine than it is to mend broken bones.

<hugs>

-David

Hi Peggi!

Yeah, I had an encounter with one of those invisible cars back in July... while driving a rental car! I'm totally with ya on the shaken-up, let's-kick-myself-around-the-block feeling.

But everyone is right -- no one was hurt ;) and it's for these moments that you've paid all those insurance premiums over the years.

You have a nice cup of tea (with maybe a shot of whiskey in it) and stop beating yourself up. It's not like you run into other cars all the time! (And at least it was a moving target -- DH once ran into a parked car.)

Peggi, so sorry to hear about your accident. But, the most important thing is that you are alive and well and able to share your misfortune with all your "mini" friends. My heart goes out to you. I really don't know you and you don't know me but that's the best part of meeting new friends, don't you think? If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to e-mail me and let me know. ;)

Debbie

You are all so sweet, just knowing reading your words of encouragement mean so much and cheers me up. Still don't know what they will do with my car, but the insurance co. has already contacted me and is working on it.

I will have to be out of town the rest of the week for a work conference so just sitting back and relaxing is out of the question, our agency is in charge of registrations etc. But it is at the beach so that's nice.

MiniMadWoman thanks for the drink, and Tracy frosted flakes huh, I wonder if I shellac them if that will keep the ants away LOL.

Calamara the invisible car, actually hers was a silver or gray which I understand is rated as being the hardest to see (blends in with the highway I guess.)

Mistystarz please post before and after pics of your Lily and if I can help in any way, I'll be glad to.

Again Thank you all, your kind words, prayers and thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

Peggi

Oh my goodness! Peggi, I am so sorry to hear about your accident! I am so glad that you are okay! Things like that just happen sometimes. You can't be perfect 100% of the time. ;) I hope everything goes alright with the insurance.

Mistystarz please post before and after pics of your Lily and if I can help in any way, I'll be glad to.

Peggi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peggi, I put pictures of my Lily in a photo album for you to view. This is all new to me. I is probably more of a project to undertake one that is already build then it will be to build my first one from the box up.