Pics at bottom of opening pae

Charlene

Must say that I really like the random photos that appear at the bottom of the forum's opening page. Really a neat idea and I've really enjoyed just clicking on them and seeing eye candy that I might have otherwise missed. Kudos to whomever decided to add this feature (Dean?) -- it's great :banana:

It is a very nice feature ... almost as good as an M&Ms dispenser next to the keyboard and nearly as addicting!! I can get lost for long periods of time, looking and clicking through. :banana:

I enjoy this feature too. (I think it was Dean's idea to implement it - he's always doing things for us!) It's like "Bits and Bites" - do you get that snack in America? In their commercials, they used to say "every handful's different". That's what this makes me think of. Sometimes it's a reminder of someone's dollhouse that I saw and drooled over before - and I start drooling all over again. Sometimes it's a treat that I've not had the pleasure of drooling over yet - and I start (you know it) drooling again. I really should keep a towel handy by the computer!

Yes, I've been meaning to post about this too and say how much I enjoy this feature! It is very tempting though to get sidetracked. It's very inspirational, too, making me want to get back to work on my own minis.

"I am the mini-ist who won't do anything

I just post here and hang around

and if you ask me to do anything

I'll just tell you "I don't make anything.""

(adapted from the Veggie Tales song The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ASA I open the forum I head for the picture spread, which I thoroughly enjoy, but this AM they're GONE!!! BUT, and IMHO more importantly, the gallery link buttons work once more! Ao if it HAD to be a trade-off, I shall miss the random gallery on the main page, and THANK YOU, Dean & web-sprites, that we can once more access each other's albums without all the contortions!

I too enjoy the random pictures...... Doug says that I spend way too much time at this forum! But then again, I have to remind him that he spends too much time (hours) at his own forums! But all in all we share - but I truly have to say that this is the very BEST forum I've ever experienced! Proudly I wave the Greenleaf flag!

Wolfie

I too enjoy the random pictures...... Doug says that I spend way too much time at this forum! But then again, I have to remind him that he spends too much time (hours) at his own forums! But all in all we share - but I truly have to say that this is the very BEST forum I've ever experienced! Proudly I wave the Greenleaf flag!

Wolfie

Ray always laughs when he walks into the Computer Room. He asks "which site are you on". He KNOWS where I'm visiting. He's pleased that I've got somewhere to log on and talk in a nice safe environment about my love of miniatures (and my cats). He often says he can't believe that I found a miniature website that also has so many animal lovers as members.

-Susanne

Thanks, Dean, I had a sneaking suspiscioun they were somehow connected & I'm doubly delighted we now can have both. You and your staff are, without doubt, the greatest, and y'all spoil us shamelessly!

Hear, hear!!!! Loving every minute spent here!!!!

Hugs to all involved