Anybody know where these come from?

rbytsdy

Hi folks, I found these in a Salvation Army on the east coast this past week-- they don't seem to be of any value or exceptional quality but I like the look of 'em. They are of arguable and varying scales-- the stove, for example, is about 3" tall by 2.5" wide. They are imprinted with "Durham Industries", made in Hong Kong, and dated in the mid-70's. Hubby thinks that they are sandcast "pot" (cheap) metal. Most of them have some moving part. Are they part of a child's play set or something?

I have some Durham items, a cofffee pot with basket and stem inside, cash registers, a rocking horse, two different coffee grinders a victrola and a world globe, an ornate cash register a locomotive and two liberty bells. Some I got in the gift shop in the Chicago Library but most at thrift stores ages ago. Some of them are pencil sharpeners. I think they are from the 60's. I highlighted some of mine with an SOS pad. Some are dh scale but most are too big. The coffee grinders work for scale in an old fshioned kitchen. They are cheap pot metal but seem to hold up very well. They could be collectible but I've never looked into it.

:huh: aren't these cool?! i have a lone, lovely little school desk with a top that opens, found it at an auction house. some of these minis are on eBay from time to time, and from what i've seen there are a big, big range of items. one seller says they were made in Hong Kong.

here's what i found online, about a sewing machine:

Durham Industries Inc.

New York, NY 10010

Sewing Machine No. 5403

©American Greetings Corp.

This vintage miniature collectible Sewing Machine No. 5403. is from a collection of die cast metal miniatures that were produced by Durham Industries Inc. of New York, NY, in conjunction with American Greetings Corp. of Cleveland, Oh. The miniatures were designed for Holly Hobbie's playhouse and had working features. It has a copper colored appearance.

:music_band:

I like them even though the scales are unpredictable or perhaps even non extant. The are great for building tiny shadow boxes with fancy trim and wallpaper and just one or two pieces in them.