My first Dollhouse, built by my father ...

KathieB

OOO how lucky to have this! :music_band:

I think I would have to build neice her own house and keep this one for myself.

of course it was her grandad? who built it....when you have finished with the rehab it will be all the more special to her.

Im glad you are getting this chance to have your dad close while working on such a wonderful gift/memory!

nutti :huh:

I think I would have to build neice her own house and keep this one for myself
My thinking, exactly! If the niece wants it so much, leave it to her in the Will and meantime build her a Primrose to get her off your back!

A dollhouse for my niece isn't an issue. In fact, she suggested I take it to her mother's house when it's finished as my sister has more room to store it. She doesn't want it for herself; she's thinking of the yet-nonexistent children to come. Keeping it around for a good long time isn't going to cause any ripples in the Family Pond. :music_band:

A dollhouse for my niece isn't an issue. In fact, she suggested I take it to her mother's house when it's finished as my sister has more room to store it. She doesn't want it for herself; she's thinking of the yet-nonexistent children to come. Keeping it around for a good long time isn't going to cause any ripples in the Family Pond. :whistle:

Thats good to know. Plus, a rehab takes a looong time, working on it between other houses and boat, and floats etc. Actually, it sounds like your neice knows who will take care of it best to save for future generations. I think I like that girl. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats! Isn't it lovely when something that you were so attached to appears after being gone for so long? That happened to me with my grandmother's rocking chair. When my Aunt died I went over to her house to get some things she had left me. And there it was in a corner with boxes on top of it. I had thought another cousin had it! My cousin who lived in my Aunt's house was happy to be rid of it as he and grandma never got along. I was so happy to have it. Many Sundays were spent on my grandma's lap in that chair.

What a happy day for you! Congrats again! :welcome:

• 3 weeks later...

Kathie,

Your dollhouse looks very similar to mine which is over 40 years old. I don't know who made my dollhouse...all I know is it "supposedly" came from FAO Schwarz about 40 years ago (maybe more).

Good luck with your dollhouse and may you have many happy hours of working on it!

Christine

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...