Sheree

Hi - I am brand new, just got my first house 1/2" scale Fairfield. I bought it on Ebay and the shell is already done. Before I registered for this site I was reading posts. There was a post from a lady in Decatur, IL who was not going to work on her house any longer and I live close to her and would like to find her in the forums. If anyone knows who I am talking about please provide 411 so I can hook up with her here in the forums. Thanks everyone and I am looking so forward to finishing my Fairfield, but a little nervous too.

Sheree in St. Joe

Hi Sheree, and welcome! The Fairfield is a beautiful little house - I hope you will share pics as soon as you can. (After 5 posts you can open your own album here.)

I'm sorry I don't know which lady you're referring to - hopefully someone else will. Maybe you could try a search on the forums.

Okay, I just did a search and found that "Just One More" (who used to be pryan), posted that she had an unfinished Pierce in Decatur that someone could take over. Why don't you PM her? Just click on her name (she's in various threads) and send her a message.

Welcome Sheree! Check out Dave Brazelton's Fairfield; in fact, check out all the Fairfields, because there are a lot of pretty ones pictured here & there. And do post some more so you can share your pictures.

Rosalind, I think Pat is back working on her Pierce and they have made up their tiff, because she's making it look wonderful.

Hi, I'm Pat from Decatur and was going to give up on the Pierce and then got some new iseas so will keep it afterall. It's a big house and takes lots of time so I just won't try and do it all in a week. I have about nine houses and most are finished.

Do you live in Decatur, IL? Or even close? There is not much here other than Hobby Lobby and I haven't met anyone into mini's. Glad you found the forum. It's a great place not only for help when you need it, but also for lots of ideas . I look in the Gallery all the time and have seen several things I'd like to try. I only joined a little while ago and everyone is very helpful.

Rosalind, I think Pat is back working on her Pierce and they have made up their tiff, because she's making it look wonderful.

Thanks, Holly - I hadn't realised! :ohyeah:

Hi, I'm Pat from Decatur and was going to give up on the Pierce and then got some new iseas so will keep it afterall. It's a big house and takes lots of time so I just won't try and do it all in a week.

I'm glad that you decided to keep the Pierce. Do you and Sheree live close to each other? Wouldn't it be nice if you could "mini" together?

Hi Sheree! Welcome! Good Luck on your Fairfield! I'm pretty new also. I started working on the Garfield about 2 months ago right before a major surgery and wasn't able to do as much on it during the recovery phase of my surgery as I'd have liked. So far I have the base made and then I decided to make real planks for the wood floor of the first floor and this took weeks. This is finally finished and now I'm working on the staircase. Each part is taking an incredible amount of time but I'm really enjoying it and have decided not to rush myself and go for just enjoying the process. Hope everything works out for your new project and would love to hear from you and see pictures! Sue