My first Doll house!

siddygirl

:wave:

My daughter wanted a house for her faries, I couldnt find one, so I thought the Aster Cottage was a great jumping off point!

I am no expert biulder, and I need to finish it by adding a base and maybe some garden for the faries to play in, but I am pretty excited about how it turned out. Towards the end is when i pulled out the hot glue gun and I wish I would have pulled it out int he begining, it was very frustrating waiting for the white glue to dry while keeping the the base from buckling...next time!

I think the most fun I had was making the furniture and the cakes and cups and just thinking about what objects faries would use from our world and how they would use them! I guess I am still a kid at heart!

Enjoy the pics!

post-2034-1176992023_thumb.jpg

post-2034-1176992071_thumb.jpg

post-2034-1176992114_thumb.jpg

post-2034-1176992259_thumb.jpg

post-2034-1176992403_thumb.jpg

Towards the end is when i pulled out the hot glue gun and I wish I would have pulled it out int he begining,
We will forgive you because this is your first house and you are obviously new or you wold have read enough of the forum by now to learn that if you want the house to stay together (and after all the obvious effort you put into this little gem I doubt you want to watch it all fall apart in a couple of years) you do NOT want to use hot glue. I used to use all-purpose white glue with my first two kits (Dura-Craft, big-a** kits) and towards the end of the Cambridge I discovered carpenter's wood glue, and about my third Buttercup I discovered that if I staple the glued edges together with a heavy-duty stapler I can keep on trucking with the build while the real glue dries & cures. Hot glue has its uses, but assembling a dollhouse is NOT one of them :wave:

omgosh :roflmao: how sweet is your little cottage!

you did a great job on it! I bet your daughter thinks it is wonderful!

I certainly do!

do you plan more? something for momma perhaps? :wave:

nutti :angry:

hello, and welcome!

your first creation is absolutely adorable!!

oh, my. i love the colors, textures and all the action in there. what a wonderful gift for your child. :huh:

looking forward to hearing more about you and your projects.

:blink:

That is a most gorgeous house! Thanks for the pics! As for the glue gun part-just use wood glue at the first signs of seperation, and it will be ok! Slide it in with a thin peice of cardboard as needed. I've had to repair one this way, and it will work!

The house is gorgeous! Love the landscaping, the roofing, and everything about it! I agree with Holly though about NOT using the hot glue. But the house is precious! Love it!

Wolfie

Hello and :whistle: ! Your Fairy house is beautiful!! You did a great job. I am sure your daughter must love it as well. Any plans to try another one? Are you hooked on it like the rest of us?

:o

• 4 weeks later...

Very cute! My daughter loves fairies too and you have some wonderful ideas in there! I like the fake candle in the fireplace. Did you get that at the dollar store? I think I saw some there and I was trying to think of what to do with them. Now I know! great job!

Robin, what a creative use of non-traditional building materials! What fun you must have had pulling it together. What will you be working on next??

P.S. One thing grabbed my curiousity .. how did those mermaids swim up to the second floor? :flowers: