Livingroom Drapes

wenlaine

I've made the drapes for this room in my Jefferson and was wondering if there is anyone out there who wishes to make their own valances. I designed these, they're paper printies, very plain and very easy. I will do a tutorial on webshots when I start on the other rooms so anyone can print them out if they should wish to.

Wendy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your drapes are so perfect in the room you have them in....although I am not a green fan I love the way the different hues of your greens go together it makes it look rich and lush.

a really great job. and I also could use some curtain tips! so post that tutorial.

wonderful eyecandy! :D

nutti :(

Thanks Tracy, I will get to it very soon.

Carol, it is based on a true life story of my husband's mother. Just prior to WWII, she was living in Indonesia with her 2 boys and husband who worked for the Dutch government. The family was picked up and put in prison camps where she died a few days before the end of the war in her mid-40's of malnutrition and dysentry. Since she had always lived with servants and cooks, her dream after the war was to have a modern kitchen and do her own cooking. While I was working on the house, it became apparent to me that she would have loved a kitchen like the one in this house. From then on, it became her home in miniature.

Nutti, I'm not a fan of the color green either. I'm not even sure why I did the siding green. But I'm cross stitching a rug for this room which I'm hoping will tie in the green of the drapes and the dark green of the furniture.

Thanks everyone for the very kind words.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy! I just finished the embroidery on three valances for my witches house this evening so your pattern and tutorial is perfect timing!

I love the history of your house and your husband's mother. It's so sweet of you to honor her memory that way. She sounds like she was a very special lady.........and so are you to keep her memory alive this way.

Deb

Oh Wendy.................I have just spent ages looking at the gorgeous guy in your living room................He loooks just like my uncle..... :( It is really scary how these houses come to "LIFE".........Thak you for the great pics...plese post some more........ :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wendy, I couldn't find the tutorial on the valance, I really thought I had printed them out when you posted them. Am I just missing them or could you repost?

Thank You

Peggi

Hi, Wendy! Your house is incredible! The plaque is such a special touch! It brought tears to my eyes!

I couldn't find the tutorial! :) Is it in your webshots or here on the forum?

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Ohhh I'm so sorry. I had added some new pictures today and rearranged the others and I must have deleted it without realizing. I've put them back in and I hope they show up shortly.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

You are so sweet Teresa, to be honest, in almost 30 years of marriage, it was the first time I actually saw a tear in my husband's eye. My only hope is that she would like the house, could she see it. Maybe she can!!

The valance tutorial is in webshots.

Wendy

Wendy, thanks for the tutorial! I'm planning to put some drapes in my Westville so I'm glad to have it!

I also enjoyed looking at your cross stitch pictures. We like some of the same designers. :) I have not stitched the Castle Sampler but I have done several others by Teresa Wentzler (including the Peacock Tapestry which took up years of my life!), and I am currently working on Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's Angel of Love for the second time. :lol: (First time for my mom, this time for me!) I also stitched that little girl at the piano years and years ago for my piano teacher when I stopped taking lessons (the pattern was slightly different, but it's from the same picture).

Hi fov, you're very welcome.

I know what you mean about taking up years of your life, it took me almost a year to do the Castle. I have the Peacock Tapestry and all of the Carousel seasons of hers yet to do. But I have gotten away from kits and prefer to just use pictures that I've taken or I find on the net to cross stitch.

But now I'm attempting to do a 1" x 1" rose in 56 colors on gauze for the dollhouse, not too sure how that is going to turn out.

Good luck with your drapes, can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks, Wendy! Found the valance tutorial! :lol: I'm going to use it for curtains in the bedroom of the Beacon Hill. I'll post pictures at my site once they're done . . . maybe tomorrow?!! :)

Also, wanted to say how beautiful your cross stitch is. It's no wonder you didn't give away the wedding one, it's so gorgeous! You do beautiful work.

Bless you, Wendy, I got to the printable version for the valance pattern and there are some unopened kits that will need gorgeous window treatments such as I have never tried before, but feel I have a leg up, now.