In search of....positive peer pressure

prariegurl

This is a kit I began YEARS ago and still have not made much progress. I began a gallery for my bungalow in hopes that you folks will put the pressure on to help me get a bit further with it. Hmm, maybe even finish it (that's it, Jeri. Dare to dream!)

If anyone has any experience with this kit, please pass along any wisdom you picked up. I am not holding my breath, though. This has always been a hard to find kit, and many very knowledgeable miniaturists have never even heard of Fantasy Craft.

Jeri

well I have never heard of this house or the company!

but I love the house!

its wonderful!

I like the upstairs window area and the porch. it has a very nice bungalow feel to it!

why have you not finished it after all this time?

did you loose your muse? I hate when that happens.

I think you have some really great ideas.

I cant wait to see more progress.

nutti :photo:

oh, what a really great house! i can see why you'd sought it -- i love the design.

hey, jeri, have you decided who lives there, and what sort of place they'd like?

maybe thinking abt that would help you regain momentum ....

so, i was pondering and imagining that a fictional pair or a character could be the occupant, and considered joe morelli (of the janet evanovich books) or sharon mccone (of the marcia muller books).

well, here is a fun thing i just found: i was looking for information abt sharon mccone's house, and found that author marcia muller is a dh builder. who knew? there's more abt that on her website, www.marciamuller.com, along with photos of two of her projects. all this has to be good karma for your house, donthcha think? :photo:

anyhow! thank you for sharing the photos and letting us know abt your project. i'll look forward to seeing and hearing more about your plans for this one.

;)

You must FINISH this house! It has the makings of a true masterpiece. Your inspiration should lie in the fact that no one HAS ever heard of it. This gives you a house nobody else has DONE, making it all the more precious. I truly love the looks of what you have built so far, PLEASE do keep up the good work, so we can enjoy pics of the finished work of art.

I have heard of it -- you're so lucky to have one! Get workin'!

Yes, Ma'am!

Calamari, I think you're the only one here who has heard of it! Too bad, it's a wonderful kit--but way overpriced! I bought it at a deep discount, though. Still pricey, but I so wanted it!

oh, what a really great house! i can see why you'd sought it -- i love the design.

hey, jeri, have you decided who lives there, and what sort of place they'd like?

so, i was pondering and imagining that a fictional pair or a character could be the occupant, and considered joe morelli (of the janet evanovich books) :(

I do have a doll for that I bought especially for this house. She is a middle aged matron with brown hair and attired in a house-wifely 1920s dress. My people are working class, but I haven't found the right man yet. I have an elderly gentleman asleep in his jammies, and I might use him in this house. I will try to post photos of my dolls later. I tried to post some pics of the window I am trying to match last night, but even though I received a message that my pics uploaded, I can't see them in my American Craft Products posts. The battery on my digital camera is low, maybe it didn't have enough oomph to get the job done. Point being, you may need to wait till I have time to buy a new battery!

Thanks for the tips on books. I love mysteries and always enjoy discovering a new author. Currently I like stories about religious sleuths, Sister Fidelma, Brother Cadfael, Dame Frevisse, Sister Agatha and so on.

The name Joe Morelli stands out because that's our tax guy's name! Also, Samantha Gail has a romance book coming out, Guarding the Coast, that features a dead character, who shares my name! I don't normally read romances, but I will buy that one! The only thing that worries me is that the publisher is extasy books--might be wayyyy too racy for me!

I do have a doll for that I bought especially for this house. She is a middle aged matron with brown hair and attired in a house-wifely 1920s dress. My people are working class,

Nj is working on a Depression era house reminiscent of her grandmother's house. Might this be an inspiration? A 1920s dress wouldn't be out of place in such a setting. The house itself is precious. How lucky you are to have it!

Also, Samantha Gail has a romance book coming out, Guarding the Coast, that features a dead character, who shares my name! I don't normally read romances, but I will buy that one! The only thing that worries me is that the publisher is extasy books--might be wayyyy too racy for me!

Not to worry, we'll be glad to explain the bits you don't understand. <giggle snort!>

• 2 months later...

Jeri,

I am new to this group and stumbled on this thread just now. I have been hunting this house very house for a couple of years now. There was on on Ebay last fall and I waited until the end to bid and for the first time EVER the bid page would not open. The person who won it got it for the opening bid!

So, here is my pitch, please build this house soon. Besides being a lovely little house it goes together fairly quickly and will give you YEARS of furniture rearranging pleasure. Looks great with 1950's furniture too!

I have heard of Fantasy Craft and that's a lovely cottage you have there. You really need to finish it. It's a fantastic plan! I love the picture of the finished one on the box - at least the drawing. What a cool looking house....It will be a showpiece in your collection I am sure! Love the color too, I see this cottage on a sand dune overlooking the ocean, with an English garden in the front yard...and wild roses in profusion around the rest. How cool to have a pretty cottage like that!

Wolfie

I got a Spanish Villa kit to build for some one once, it was a fairly easy build and the ply was good on both sides so there was alot of flexability for bashing. The villa plan was very detailed. Detailed enough that I am sure it could be replicated.