Corona Travel Trailer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David: I missed this I'm sure...where did you get your wheels? I'm still looking around, but living here will probably have to order some.

Thanks!

Dagmar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Dagmar,

I got mine at a local hobby store - it wasn't one of the large chains just a mom and pop place. The wheels were very inexpensive I think I paide 99 cents for the pair but they look great. I need to get photos taken and then learn how to put photos in the messages. I did a really quick ebay search and found a photo of a smaller set like the ones I got. The set I bought are almost 2" across and fit the opening very well - I did have to remove one side of the wheel well cover from the inside (I was hessitant to install all 4 sides to begin with since one of them doesn't show - the one that doesn't show, and sits against the outside wall is the one I removed). The wheels shown in this auction are too small but the same design:

http://tinyurl.com/annn2

Anyway you can see what they look like and that they're really inexpensive!

Hope this helps some,

David

Hi Holly,

I think that's about what I paid for mine and I got the 2" ones also - a little paint and they look pretty good :blink: I also got some skateboard ramp kits.. for the finger skate board at the 99cent store and plan to use the aluminum tube that came in the kit for the front tire jack thingy.. here I go again with the technical talk..tongue hitch jack?

-David

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! The trailer is really done up right....you did a wonderful job!

I like your Hofco very much, too. I especially like the exterior colors you chose and the addition of a very much needed item in the kitchen....the step ladder LOL Very important for shorter people...those tall people are never around when you need them.

And that sure looks like a werewolf to me...there's another pic that has a clear view of him on the webpage.

Doe

Still interested? I've been checking for updates almost every day! I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone has done with their trailers.

Your trailer turned out so well! The land scaping and scenc you created make the whole thing look so complete. Inside I especially love the bed. I also like the way you divided the trailer into separate rooms. I was thinking of making foamcore partitions for my own trailer, and it's good to know the trailer is roomy enough to do that and have it turn out so well.

Beautiful job!

Jeri

Yep! I like what you did with the trailer Dagmar. And that car is a perfect match too! I too have been watching closely to see if there were any updates to this topic. I bought the kit a few weeks ago and will start the project soon. I was going to have it be a retirement home for two crudmudgeons (sp?).

Wow, thanks everyone! I had a great time doing this. I took it with me into school (I teach high school art) on occasion, and the kids were fascinated with it. The whole haunted idea started when I was lucky enough to get a witch by Pat Benedict on ebay at the same time I ordered the trailer. Then I just had to get a few more OOAK figures to go with her. I'd love to see some miniature "things" like the trailer, that aren't just houses, though just what, I don't know. I've added some close-up pictures to my web page, with attribution to the artists who made the characters (I hope I got them all right).

Dagmar

• 1 month later...
Well, as expected, the travel trailer kit is this year's "Creatin' Contest" kit

Temptation... temptation... temptation... I have an idea, too.

Of course, it's never the ideas that are in short supply around here. Skills, yes. Patience, yes. Time, yes. Money, sure. Ideas... no.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I got a reminder from Ernie about the Travel Trailer contest ending Decmember 15. I hadn't thought about entering when I saw it in the catalog, but somehow this morning I was intrigued. I found this thread and am wondering how many of you who did the trailer are entering the contest? (Seems silly not to after all that work!)

<sipping coffee and mulling an idea>