Birthdate, Age?

I didn't put my birth date in there because of the risk of someone using that information illegally. I was even worried about posting a pic of myself but I finally decided to do it. However, I mean to get that photo of DS off my gallery asap... I have to delete the album it's in and reload the pics, unless the feature that lets you delete a single photo is back online again. I have come to realize that the Internet is not quite the anonymous haven I used to think it was.

But it kind of stinks because then nobody knows when its my birthday! (October 9th.. shhh! you didn't hear it from me)

Yep, my favourite music is no longer in the top 40 section of HMV. I now head right over to the sale tables.

-Susanne

Deb's kidding when she says the music we listen to is on the "discount" table. It's more like the "nobody listens to the stuff anymore" 1.99 bin!! LOL

Kathy

Deb's kidding when she says the music we listen to is on the "discount" table. It's more like the "nobody listens to the stuff anymore" 1.99 bin!! LOL

Kathy

"nobody listens to the stuff anymore" isn't entirely true....before my oldest daughter (shes 25 now) went into the navy, there were times I'd come home from work to a stereo blasting (I'd hear the music before I got into the building...) ZZ Top or Creedence Clearwater Revival...and I'd think "Huh??? Where's that coming from???" only to discover that it was MY stereo, MY cd's and MY daughter listening to them... A few times I felt as if stepped into an alternate universe....my kid actually enjoys my music??? Whoa!!! I must be dreaming... I have to laugh when a younger person thinks that they made an all time great discovery in music and it turns out that it's a band that I grew up listening to...

Has anyone seen the Disney Pixar "CARS" movie? It's brought back all these songs from the 50's. "Route 66" (by Nat King Cole) is one of my dad's favorite songs. He used to play Nat King Cole on the stereo all the time. And there is a song called "Sha-Boom" that my son sings all the time. I thought they made it up for the movie but then my uncle said it was really popular when he was young! So there is a whole new generation of little kids singing these songs now.

It's really funny to hear a four-year-old try to pronounce "It goes through St. Louis, Joplin Missouri, Oklahoma City looks Oh so pretty You'll see Amarillo and Gallup New Mexico. Flagstaff Arizona, Don't forget Wenonah, Kingman, Barstow San Bernadino" It comes out as a hilarious jumble of syllables!

After reading through these posts - I'm willing to divulge my birthdate. That is, the day and month. No year, no weight. November 1st. I'm way too shy to do more than that! :wave: I like a certain amount of anonymity - particularly online.

don't you love it when the kids "discover" music?

about 10 years ago dss got all excited about a musician, Harry Connick, Jr., who dss "discovered" was a terrific composer.

Dss thought Harry had written the songs in the film When Harry Met Sally. the songs include "It Had to Be You," "Stompin at the Savoy," "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off ..." :wave:

Sort of like the day highschool junior DS#1 came running into the den to inform his dad & me he had discovered this wonderful new musician, BB King! (DH & I have been fans since we first heard BB & "Lucille" in the late 50s)

I visited my ex DIL in Texas last August. They were watching a program similar to American Idol. When one of the contestants started to sing House of the Rising Sun, I started to sing along. They thought it was the coolest thing that I knew the words to one of the new songs. You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them that the song was popular when I was a teenager.

Well, I just recently turned 25, so I guess I have a little while before I am "old". But I will say that I will never be ashamed of my age. Why should I care if people know how old I am?? In fact, on my birthday in February, I told my husband that I always want my number of candles on my birthday cake. So when I am 95, I want 95 candles!!!

I probably will also want to have the number to the local fire station on speed dial :ohyeah: