Birthdate, Age?

No one holds a gun to anyone's head to reveal the birthdate!lol Actually I'm very proud of the fact I'm 65, I've outlived my DM & my DGF and if I last another seven years I will have outlived my DF & my DGM, too.

My Great Grandmother always told me I should be thankful for EVERY day I live and breath and said no person should be ashamed to share there age. Of all the things she taught me growing up, that is one of the things that stick out in my mind. Be proud of the days you have been here Honey! It's a great thing to live long upon the earth :thumb: . I was reading a book about indians (native) anyway, they considered a person to be old if they lived to be fourty!! Can you imagine that. Shucks, That is the age most people get there 2nd wind :yikes:

I have never had a problem giving my age. I will proudly be 47 this year!! One thing I never understood though. Why do some women say they are ten years younger than they actually are? Here is my theory......If someone asked me my age and I said 37, they would think....Man, she looks rough for only being 37. On the other hand, if I told someone I was 57, they would think....Dang, this girl looks great for being 57. HAHA On a serious note though, I feel that God has given us so much in our lives that it is only right to be proud of how old we are. Now, as far as the weight....I am with Winnie. :lol:

I think that the spot where you can indicate your age is there only if you want to. I'm 55 and don't mind telling anybody. On forums you can reveal as much, or as little, as you want about yourself. We also develop side friendships where we share different life-stories.

Often age categories can be deduced through postings.

If someone doesn't want to give this information that okay too. Mostly I think age is just something that helps us understand each other better. It's great to be able to support each other through various life phases: university exams, mothers/fathers building dollhouses for their children, career achievements, deaths, retirees ...... that sort of thing.

-Susanne

Age is something to be proud of, and I never did understand why people lie about it. I'm going to be 37 this year and very proud of that fact and all the things that I accomplished in that short time. I'm also looking forward to all the future accomplishments that will come my way. :glare:

Now weight, that's another matter altogether. Never, no way, no how. :lol:

I'm proud of my age. My mother always looked 10 years younger than she was until she was 79 and got sick. Then she started to show her age. I remember when I went to a bar one time with my sister-in-law and they carded ME. I was so shocked. I was 30 then. Later I laughed about it, but at the time I was ticked. Now when people are talking about gas prices, etc. and I remark that I remember when it was 20cents a gallon. They look at me and say your not old enough to remember that. When I ask how old they think I am most people think 45-50. :lol: I just love it when I tell them how old I am. I'm proud to say I'm 62 and am planning on atleast another 30 years. As long as I'm not a burden on anyone.

You are right when you say weight is out. When I was a size 3 or 5 it was ok, but now, no way :glare: .....

Here's my thoughts on aging. It's gonna happen, don't get all anxious and dread it. There are worse alternatives. I think it's great to reveal your age if you want to (or don't want to). I'm 39 btw.....i'll be 40 next October!!!!!

I say this because my ex-husband and and ex-friend of mine both worried about their ages so much that i feel they wasted to much worry over something that is out of their control. There are to many other things to worry about in life. :) Both were very vain however, so that may have been their problem. :giggle: (not saying you are vain!!!!)

I say, age gracefully. :) Like i said, there are other alternatives :)

i don't care whether anybody knows my age. i'm 51. for me, sharing information about weight is a no-brainer; i do not know, and do not want to know my own weight. and i can't tell what i don't know -- :giggle: .

susanne's comments seem on target to me. the information sharing about age is one way of understanding what a person might be experiencing in her or his life.

otherwise, i think of age as just some digits, and sometimes i can't remember how old i am. since my 21st birthday, it has not meant much of anything. my hair started going gray when i was in my 20s, so that's been interesting ... young people (teenagers) have been giving me Senior Citizen discounts for years. i ALWAYS smile and say Thanks!!

CJ, there are advantages to having gray hair. :giggle::)

I started getting gray when I was in my 30's. It's never been much, still isn't but it's nice to get things cheeper when you on a fixed income. Even if it is only 10%.

yep - and if there were a discount offered for shopping in the Short 'n Dumpy Ladies' Section, that would be fine, too.

The other perk is that our favorite music is on the discount racks now. I can buy Steppenwolf on cd now for the same price I orginally paid for it on vinyl.

Deb

The other perk is that our favorite music is on the discount racks now. I can buy Steppenwolf on cd now for the same price I orginally paid for it on vinyl.

Deb

Yep, my favourite music is no longer in the top 40 section of HMV. I now head right over to the sale tables.

-Susanne

All these answers are so funny. When I was in my 30's I said I was in my 40's and people would say how young I looked. Now I'm late 40's and I either say I'm in my 50's or 60's or I defiantly say I'm 37 and give a look of 'tell me I'm lying, I dare you.'

As far as weight, I'll be happy to tell you what I weigh. Of course, it might be like dog years - 1 pound = 7, or it might not be the TOTAL weight (like sure I weigh 120) plus maybe a few more, but the 120 is part of it. Or I might tell you my weight, but neglect to say that it was 30 years ago.