Old Rosedale

chattycathy66

My daughter and I were checking out an antique mall (where someone had told me that one of the booths sold dollhouse minatures) and I saw this old house, way in the back...it's in sad shape---no shingles, just a painted roof, hastily panted shutters, lots of runs and globs of paint and the tabs are showing through the paint--it's a mess....but, I noticed that the staircase looked like some of the Greenleaf houses...so I looked it up, and it's a Rosedale....other than the rotten paint job, it looks in great condition....they want $45.00....I almost bought it, but my daughter agreed that "Dad would kill me" if I bought another house before I had even finished the BH. lol Now that I looked up the Rosedale and see what it could be( exactly what I was thinking as I was looking at it), I think I should run back there and snatch it up....What do you think??

Thanks for the support....I went right to the phone and asked the store to put a hold on it til I can get there tomorrow :whistle: Sometimes I figure, what DH doesnt' know won't hurt him....especially where minis are concerned,lol ( I will store it in the big closet with the Christmas stuff...he won't see it until November, at least,lol.

I knew I should have just bought it...I really think "Rose" was talking to me...I kept hearing talk of shingles and siding and some new shutters....she could be a grand house :(

YAY!!!! go and rescue that baby!!!

if i remember right, you do not live near North Carolina. and it is a good thing. i want that house. i adore that house. i would consider doing a minor crime in order to have the opportunity to just pat its wood, and probably would take on a "Mr. T" persona if challenged on the subject.

Buddy, I PITY the fool who messes with a person getting that Rosedale!

i'm really glad that you and Rose found one another. :whistle:

Whohoooo, congratulations on making such a superb find. Now $45 for a house, hmm, well.... that do sounds like a dream ??? Can't wait to see you pampering dear Rose, giving her a spa treatement and all the lovlies she will need. And if you do let her sit in the closet for a while you can always answer DH "Oh this one? I have had it for ages...." :whistle:

Hugs

I wouldnt have even thought about what Dh would have said..he would have only rolled his eyes at me. He figures I know whether I can afford it and I would have spent my own pocket money on it so he would have nothing to say but "okay where is THAT gonna go?"

Good Luck and Lucky Lucky you!

Ok, maybe the word "kill" is too strong, lol....(as in my DH is gonna kill me if I buy another dollhouse)...It's more like, you said Heidi, "Where r u gonna put that one??" As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I said when he filled the garage with the very rusty, crusty '40's Ford pickup he plans to restore(right next to the '66 Mustang he still hasn't finished). But the good news for him is that unlike me who now parks outside, nothing of his will be displaced when I get the Rosedale,lol. :whistle:

I suppose he dreads that glazed look I get in my eye when I'm actually making some progress on the BH... :( and it's not going to stop with this house,lol.