My Vermont, Jr.

MiniDoxLuvr

I finally feel as if I am getting somehwere wtih the Vermont. Have not had the time to work on it as I hoped. the brick turned out good, and as I envisioned it in my mind's eye.

Now this is still a work on progress and the porch roof and railings are only dry fitted right now. I also need to sand and put a final top coat of paint on the top half of the house, and the side trim needs to be sanded smooth (I had to fit several small pieces of trim together iwth wood fill to account for the difference in width of the brick and siding).

the fern on the table will also be hung. It is a hanging plant. A porch swing will go on the left side.

The roof caps are not glued on either and you can see a faint gap...that is why.

Hopefully installing the top floor windows and shutters this week. I upgraded the non working kit windows with houseworks working ones, and need to order three more. Wanted to start with two to be sure I had the right size.

Don't mind that crooked shade on the lamp. LOL That's just my workroom.

side2.jpg

house2.jpg

Oh I love the brick!! What an awesome idea. It looks very classy.

I am doing the same house right now, I'm thinking about changing the front door. I dont like that it is solid and the house needs more windows as it is! ha!

Looks wonderful!!

Oh I love the brick!! What an awesome idea. It looks very classy.

I am doing the same house right now, I'm thinking about changing the front door. I dont like that it is solid and the house needs more windows as it is! ha!

Looks wonderful!!

Yeah that is why i replaced my frontdoor as well LOL. I am going to put an etched glass insert in the door when all the painting is done. I also replaced the stock windows with working ones, and the shutters I replaced with louvered ones. I love the fact that it does not have side windows tho - gives better decorating options on the inside IMO.

I am going to put an etched glass insert in the door when all the painting is done.

Where do you get those? I did the same thing with my Victorian Cottage, Jr. but don't know where to get the insert. Your house is absolutely gorgeous! You've done a terrific job so far.

Where do you get those? I did the same thing with my Victorian Cottage, Jr. but don't know where to get the insert. Your house is absolutely gorgeous! You've done a terrific job so far.

This is the one I am thinking about....

http://store.dollhousecollectables.com/hwk46002.html

it is a Houseworks item, and my door is by Classic, but I think they are interchangeable (the HWK 46002 and the CLA 76002).

As to whomever said my work table is too clean, LOL It is covered in cloth pads right now to keep my paint spills off the table itself! It's actually a real mess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi-

I'm new to this site, & I know this is an old topic, but I am doing this house too & I love the way you've done the porch!

I am interested to know what porch posts you used & where I can get some like them-they're great!

Leanne

Hi Leane! Those look like standard Houseworks porch posts that you can get from pretty much any dollhouse shop or supplier. I think I got mine from miniatures.com. Our local A.C. Moore craft store carries them as well, I believe.

http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...PRODUCTSKU=7010

No, I take that back. The ones in the photo for this thread are fancier. They look like the ones on the Real Good Toys Victorian Gazebo Porch addition.

http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index....asp&P=5717