I found you all!

I'm so happy to have found this forum! My name is Barbara and I'm working on my third dollhouse--unless you count the 1/144th inch scale "dollhouse for my dollhouse" that I put together :(

The first house I built was The LaFayette for my mother one Christmas. She'd always talked about the wonderful dollhouse her father had built her and how sad she was when her (very young) niece and nephew accidently trashed it. She ended up throwing it out in a fit of rage. I'm sure the one I built didn't compare to the one my Grandfather made--it was mostly a gesture. Although my Mom did tell me later that she couldn't sleep for nights after getting her dollhouse because she was obsessing over how to decorate it. LOL.

Soon after I built another LaFayette for myself and am currently working on The San Franciscan. I didn't electrify my first house but this one I definitely will. It's been fun looking through this site and reading everyone else's trials and tribulations and their ultimate solutions--which seem to be quite clever.

Like all hobbies, this one is expensive and I end up making a lot of my own accessories to cut costs, which is part of the challenge of this hobby that I actually enjoy. Plus, if you guys are like me, I do a lot of recycling--which translates to saving a lot of scrappy-dos and odds and ends that most people think I'm crazy to save. Hehe.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and can't wait to read on and explore this site some more. It's a lot more extensive than I thought it would be!

Barbara P.S. ;) Please excuse any misshaps I make posting here--I'm still finding my way around and everytime I look there's another feature that I need to brush up on.

Hello and ;) ! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm working on the San Franciscan currently as well. You can see some pictures of it in my gallery if you would like. Can't wait to see yours.

:(

Carrie

hello! ;)

you've found a great place to share your interests. the forums here are full of talented, kind, generous and fun people.

here are some questions that might help you make those 5 posts and then start a photo gallery (hint? yep.)

what part of the world do you live in? what are your plans for the San Franciscan?

how do the first and second LaFayette differ from one another? how did your mother decorate hers?

inquiring minds .... :(

welcome!

Welcome to the forums!! i understand what you mean bout poeple thinkin your crazy about some of the stuff you save to use. just yesterday i asked my mom to start saving her cardboard egg cartoons for me. (I plan to use them on a stone wall i am making) and she thought i was nuts!! :D

Barbara -

Glad you've joined our forum. I think most everyone on this site has at least one box full of saved items for use in future miniature projects. We're dollhouse enthusiasts and collectors here. Please hurry and make 5 posts so you can start uploading pictures into our gallery. We love eye candy here.

-Susanne

Hello and :giggle: ! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm working on the San Franciscan currently as well. You can see some pictures of it in my gallery if you would like. Can't wait to see yours.

:wave:

Carrie

Well, I had to check out your San Franciscan pics, of course ;) That was fun! Is it wrong of me to wish I was only a few inches tall so I could jump on the couch you made? Hehe...it just looks so soft and inviting...I don't think many kids could resist a couple of quick bounces.

I like the scrapbooking border you put on the ceiling too--I enjoy that kind of attention to detail. I love to cruise the scrapbooking section too. Especially since IRL I'm not that big a fan of wallpaper so I like to have a lot of choices.

Welcome to the forum! I've built several LaFayettes. The only one I still have I turned into my bakery. I've built other houses too. Glad you're here.

Welcome to the forum! I've built several LaFayettes. The only one I still have I turned into my bakery. I've built other houses too. Glad you're here.

I can see you have a sweet tooth--I love your food pics! YUM!

Hi Barbara, welcome to the forum! You wrote your introduction in the right place and as soon as you have 5 posts, you can then start a Gallery. We all look forward to photos.

Thanks! I got some pics uploaded with a few captions. I LOVE your avatar, BTW. It really stands out.

I can see you have a sweet tooth--I love your food pics! YUM!

Thank you! I like your pictures as well. I really got sidetracked looking at them all!

just saw the photos of your minis and dh work.

that tiny kitchen is adorable, and produces some fabulous meals.

thank you!! for sharing your pretties. they are all super.

:yes: Hi and Welcome to the forum. I just checked out your gallery and WOW :) you do awesome work! Look forward to seeing more! :thumb:

Thank you! I like your pictures as well. I really got sidetracked looking at them all!

Thanks! It's so great we all can share pics like this B)

:wave: Hi and Welcome to the forum. I just checked out your gallery and WOW :D you do awesome work! Look forward to seeing more! ;)

You just made my week, Irene! ;) Thank you!

just saw the photos of your minis and dh work.

that tiny kitchen is adorable, and produces some fabulous meals.

thank you!! for sharing your pretties. they are all super.

Awwwww...thanks! Love your kitty, BTW!

Barbara, you are from Wisconsin Huh :wave: it's funny because I am from Illinois but we move to Wisconsin about 6 years ago.

The Lafayette house is a WOnDERFUL house! I have built two of them and I enjoyed both of them!

Your Miniatures Look so WONDERFUL!! I especially LOVE that bedroom with the mini dollhouse in the works on the table!

med_gallery_1749_721_386282.jpg

Your stuff is Beautiful!