wish me luck

ilovecats

Andrew bought a newberg, buy it now and it arrived last week. The box was in okay condition and had obviously been opened, it had old masking tape on it. The item description had noted it to be new in box. I didn't think much of the tape issue, because I have other kits that have been opened and have all of their goodies. Well, I moved the box a little while ago and it struck me that the box was light weight. I opened it up and yep, most of the large pieces are missing. Most of what is left are the negative from the die cut sheets and some of the smaller decorative pieces and the shingles. I just emailed that lady asking for our money back. I doubt she'll comply, but this is my first step before leaving negative feedback. I told her i would be glad to mail her box back to her. So we shall see. I hate getting ripped of, but i will give her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she didn't realize. I doubt i'll hear from her. I usually give 3 chances for someone to contact me, but this is so blatantly wrong, I will give her two chances. This first email, then another stating that i will contact ebay and leave negative feedback. grumble,, grumble grumble :)

aw marg im so sorry! that really does stink! did the item have a description on the sellers page? I Really hate when this stuff happens. im crossing my fingers for you!

aw marg im so sorry! that really does stink! did the item have a description on the sellers page? I Really hate when this stuff happens. im crossing my fingers for you!

yes, the description says new in box.

I have had other kits that have said that and the box has been opened, but the kits have looked intact, so i just assume that people mean that it is new in the box because it's untouched. I didn't open this one when it arrived, but obviously i should have. Luckily it arrived just last week.

I can't believe it. The picture on her item description is a close up of just the picture of the house and the girl on the front, so I wonder now if she was trying to hide the condition of the box. You can just see some masking tape on the picture tho, so she can't deny this was her kit (i have a newberg of my own that is completely unopened and was moving that box first ~shifting things around in the basement~, then andrews newberg when i noticed the weight difference. i opened andrews up and was stunned by what i found. I just have this feeling that she will be a stinker about this. The kit was half the price i paid for mine, which would be a good deal if it was intact. I'm not paying 50 dollars for junk scrap pieces. I hope we can get our money back.

I am so sorry, But I know how you feel.! I bought a small kit at a church yard sale about a year ago and the kit had $4.00 on it. The instructions where taped to the top. I asked the lady if I could open the box that was taped shut with packing tape and she said NO. very firmly.

I ended up leaving and going back a few h ours later and it was still there, I offered her $2.00 and she agreed. I asked her 2 times if it was all there. She said it was her dollhouse and all the pieces where they they just never put it together.

I got it home, with Hubby babling about how I just got ripped off.! and low & behold He was right. There was nothing there but empty sheets. I was so upset, I traced EACH piece and I asked online for help. Someone sent me the measurements so I double checked everything and I built that House.!

I am still working on the house, still making all the trim and working on the porch.. but it was fun!

the house is "The Washington".!

Kelly

ugh kelly the nerve! but good for you for building it anyways. you should take a pic of it and post it at the church saying "look what i built!" LOL

ooo man im miss cranky pants today. im thinking of the meanest things to do. :)

im so sorry marg i hope everything works out!

Marg -

What a huge disappointment for you. I Hope that it was an honest mistake on this lady's part and that she will refund. Why would she not check the contents before she sold it on ebay. Good thing you opened this box.

-Susanne

What a disappointment! I was a victim of two Ebay ripoffs, not mini-related). The only advise I had is move quickly on your claim, and if you don't receive a response within a couple of days pursue the claim with Ebay. Ebay has a very short time frame for dispute resolution. One time I missed the deadline and nothing was done for me. Both sellers were kicked off Ebay. I would have rather received the bedding I had bought, and had the dipsutes resolved, but at least they can't steal from others on Ebay.

I agree, new in box means UNOPENED. If there was any evidence that the box had been opened, the seller should have made certain the kit was complete.

I bought my niece Brooke's house from Ebay. In this case the box had a crushed corner and water damage, but the seller stated in the auction that she had checked the contents and they appeared to be complete and the parts were not damaged. I found this to be true when I received the kit. I am so grateful that most Ebay sellers are responsible and honest!

Jeri

She just got back to me and said that she had purchased it from a craft store, and had never opened it herself. She said that she would mail me a check. So....we shall see, but at least the fact that she got back to me is a positive sign. I hate it when people ignore my emails when there is a problem.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'm always so wary when I buy on eBay. Generally my items are inexpensive, so not such a big deal, but I did flip-flops over my Brimble, and a few larger priced items my husband wanted. So far I've only lost a small amount of money over a failed transaction, but I always worry.

I hope this works out for you.

She just got back to me and said that she had purchased it from a craft store, and had never opened it herself. She said that she would mail me a check. So....we shall see, but at least the fact that she got back to me is a positive sign. I hate it when people ignore my emails when there is a problem.

Marg, I really hate to hear this happened to you and Andrew, I'm real glad though that you checked the box in such a short time of receiving it. At least by her getting back to you, I would take that as a good sign and that she will follow up. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the case.

Marg,

That's terrible, but it happens. I sell a lot of things on ebay- I would never rip someone off like that. I've actually been too nice on a couple of occasions and lost money. Hopefully it was an honest mistake and she will take care of it.

I'm glad she says she is going to refund your money, although if it were me I'd rather she sent me a paypal payment right away. How did you pay for it? Paypal is so on the side of the buyer that us sellers sometimes have funds pulled back before we have a chance to dispute a claim. (Not bashing paypal, but the buyer has a lot more protection sometimes than the seller.)

Watch the time frame for your dispute and make sure to open one if you don't have cleared funds from her right away. Even if you open a dispute and she makes good on her word, the dispute can be closed with no harm done to either of your ebay reputations. Sometimes it takes opening a dispute to get the other party moving. I had a buyer who refused to pay for 2 weeks, I think it was. I opened a dispute, and magically the buyer paid right away with apologies about being out of the country or something, but it did the trick.

Good Luck!

-Tiffany

Marg, considering the circumstances, I would not accept a check. If you paid via paypal, ask for your money THROUGH paypal. Give me about 1 hr to send you the links but you need to file a claim through payapl regarding this if you paid through them. I have to pick up my son from school butI will send you the info as soon as I get back :)

Yeah, I'd request a refund through Paypal, too. That's quick and easy -- and protected. I so hope this works out for you!

I don't know WHY anyone wouldn't check first to see exactly what they were selling..even if they DID buy it at a yard sale! I'd sure cross her off my list of sellers!

I agree with Tracy. Here is the resolution center:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...a5e691134f30242

Click on Report a Problem. You'll have your money back within a day or two this way. If you paid with paypal, do not accept a check. This sounds like fraud, and I hate to be so picky, but there are scams all over the place.

-Tiffany

Marg, considering the circumstances, I would not accept a check. If you paid via paypal, ask for your money THROUGH paypal. Give me about 1 hr to send you the links but you need to file a claim through payapl regarding this if you paid through them. I have to pick up my son from school butI will send you the info as soon as I get back :)

Very good point everyone...here's the deal. I emailed her back and told her i wanted to be paid via paypal and i gave her my email address. I'll wait until i hear back from her before i do anything further.

So sorry you guys!

If she still insists on paying buy check, tell you you want a cashier`s check from the bank. If her ebay auction didnt take checks (did it?) then you can say I dont take personal checks either.

Then when you get the money free and clear just send her the box back. And then I would watch....See if she does it again.

good luck....I have had a few issues but mostly I have had pos.

it is E-bay sight unseen buyer beware...so I do hope it works out for you.

I would go through the e-bay channels at all times for your own protection. even if she reponds in personal e-mail. paste copy it and reply through e-bay

I hate it when this kind of junk happens! :) with her quick response it could be honest newbie mistake....lol

how would a non dollhouse builder/buyer know by just the weight of the kit it wasnt all there?? :D :yikes:

nutti :yikes:

i agree with them, i would make her pay you through pay pal. checks are so iffy she could easily cancel the check. ugh im so sorry this happend to you! hopefully she is being honest and truthful!