Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Brenb

Ok, first of all I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We did.

I am at a confused state, (it doesn't take much) lol. Well, I am awaiting supplies (animals and such) for my daughter's Vet Pet Shop, they should be here before her birthday on the 30th. It now has a yard, so that is good. My Westville is sitting here, and I've thought too much of my colors for the livingroom and the exterior and I just quit! I don't know why, I love this house but it's like I'm locked out or something. So me and my wild idea of starting yet another house I dreamt up a few weeks ago kicked in. So off to Lowes for wood and more glue. To Hobby Lobby for windows and doors all in clearance which was a big plus, the shell is together and I know the outside colors already. The house is HUGE, and I can't want to fill it. And I have the perfect place for it. Is this normal to have more than 3 going at once? :)

Brenda,

Normal is over-rated. I have at one time had 4 unfinished houses in process. I'm trying to make myself finish the last two before I start the next one. lol. Not sure I'll succeed, but that's my goal.

I think it is normal. You lose steam on one and you go to another and then another..Then you bounce back and forth finishing things on the others.

I have 3 unfinished houses. and one on the way! By the way, I told dh about the Emerson Row. He said Oh Boy! Here we go again.

If we had the room you'd better believe I'd be building more than one at a time! Right now I have dolls strewn all over the house, dressing them downstairs while watching TV and wigging & finishing them upstairs.

I am working on a Sugarplum, a 1/4th scale house another roombox (For my castle swap items :) ) a sweetheart cottage and I am itching to do either the Harrison or the Pierce which is sitting in the garage calling me because it's cold down there :w00t:

Yeap Brenda, I think we are normal (And if not I am having way too much fun being abnormal :wave:

I posted photos for my creation so far.
Brenda, your house is looking Fantastic! Can't wait to see more

I think it is perfectly normal. I have my minitravel trailer and San Fran going and am planning the Brookwood at least in my head and looking for supplies to make the plans come true when I do start it.

Your house looks beautiful, Brenda!! Can't wait to see it done.

i also had Glencroft ideas BEFORE I got it, and Fairfield ideas too, I have been having Beacon Hill ideas for a bit now !!! hhummmm I wonder how that one will pan out ??

My Primrose has just been shipped, so I will soon be in the middle of two projects at once. Glad to know I'm not alone in the madness. :)

I am also starting to get Glencroft ideas, and I don't even own that kit yet.

Stacey

Cool house Brenda!

Yep, perfectly normal to build more than one at a time! I have 4 in progress, i have had 5 in progress before!....i'm thinking about cracking open another kit to get another one going, but so far have managed to behave!

I think with some diligent work, I could finish my Ponderosa (Enchanted Rose Tearooms) in the next 2 weeks!....that will of course take away time that i work on my Beacon Hill, so i don't know if i will just focus on the ponderosa or not yet! Gonna play it by ear! I would be nice to complete another house!

Can't wait to see what you do with this house!

I am still doing finishing touches (are they ever REALLY done) on both haunted houses. I have the Santa village in various stages of completion (3 houses and a stable) I have the 2 log cabin bash roughed in, and a white orchid built and am landscaping it now. I am thinking of starting the next white orchid tonight if DH goes to bed early enough.

Since I finished refurbishing the Lafayette and it's out of the house I now have time to go back to my Newport Cape. The problem is that I don't want to. My fingers are itching to do something much smaller. I have my eyes on the Micro Queen Anne. I also have a half finished Greenleaf Village to finish, but that 1/144 house is calling my name from the catalog page.

I only started building 6 months ago, but I always have two going, so I when I burn out or get fustrated with one I can work on the other. In fact, with the arrival of the Linfield and Harrison, I might have 3 under construction soon! I'm trying to control the urge, but they are both crying for attention, while the Garfield has fallen silent!