bellingham farmhouse

ilovecats

Have fun with the B'ham farmhouse! I built one this summer. pretty heavy...always had to have my son help me when I moved it from inside to outside (I worked on dollhouses outside when it was nice) but it turned out really nice. Here's a picture:post-924-1166912147_thumb.jpg

Peggy! I love the colors you chose! Beautiful! Do you have anymore photos????

Kathie! I'm not sure :giggle: I can't seem to not turn one away when it gives me the eye :giggle:

Grats Marg, that looks like such a cute house to build! Can't wait to see which one you go with next :)

Jen, i think it will be a surprise :doh: I keep thinking "this one" then "that one"...they all want to be built. I think it will be a matter of just what overtakes me at the moment :(

now....to have more time to work on them!

I just used a light smoky blue for the main body color, white trim and a darker smoky blue for accents. It's a fun kit to build. I did need my son to help hold pieces in place while I glue/nailed. But the nails provided with the kit work well and do help hold together the thicker wood. Dry fitting is especially important because once you glue and nail, it's hard to un-do! You'll like the results tho. Have fun!

I can't seem to not turn one away when it gives me the eye

A-ha!! Now it's all clear! It's a charitable institution and you take in poor little kits who need to be loved. Marg, you're a wonderful and caring person to do that for those poor little kits.

Deb

A-ha!! Now it's all clear! It's a charitable institution and you take in poor little kits who need to be loved. Marg, you're a wonderful and caring person to do that for those poor little kits.

Deb

Aw thanks...... :thumb: Glad you see the good works that i am doing here Deb. I didn't want to mention it since i'm not actually licensed to take in this many kits, but i'm sure if the state were to come in and do an inspection of my little orphanage, they would approve. :shifty:

Deb

We do the same for cats. Most of which contribute, ie help, building houses. Usually by sleeping in them during construction. Such as which bedroom is comfy, which is too small, and that the stove shouldn't be there because it gets in the way of my tail.

Thanks Linda! This will be a cool one to build! I love the lines of this house and the roof angles! Have you built this kit? Any tips? :whistle:

This is the house I am building. It is almost embarassing how long it is taking me to complete when I hear about the time frame other people finish their houses. I am now loving how the house is coming together. I did change the doors, the windows, and porch posts. It is a really heavy house, made of mdf. I use a scroll saw to cut openings for inside doors. If I ever figure out how to post pictures here, I will try. You will enjoy the build. The instructions are clear and mention when there is a possibility of assembling something wrong. The picture on the front of the box does not exactly match the kit you might be getting. They increased the spacing between the double windows in the front of the house. In the directions, Duracraft states "this is a good thing" and it is since you can buy replacement windows if you want to. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Thanks Linda! This will be a cool one to build! I love the lines of this house and the roof angles! Have you built this kit? Any tips? :whistle:

Nope, I haven't built it. It's on my "want to own" list for someday ...

This is the house I am building. It is almost embarassing how long it is taking me to complete when I hear about the time frame other people finish their houses. I am now loving how the house is coming together. I did change the doors, the windows, and porch posts. It is a really heavy house, made of mdf. I use a scroll saw to cut openings for inside doors. If I ever figure out how to post pictures here, I will try. You will enjoy the build. The instructions are clear and mention when there is a possibility of assembling something wrong. The picture on the front of the box does not exactly match the kit you might be getting. They increased the spacing between the double windows in the front of the house. In the directions, Duracraft states "this is a good thing" and it is since you can buy replacement windows if you want to. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for all the info Sharon! This is one I want to get someday! You shouldn't be concerned with how long it takes you to build. Everyone builds at different paces, and it also depends on how much time you have to devote to building! Someday I will get to build my Beacon Hill and I can't see it being completed, the way that I want to do it, in under a year.

• 2 weeks later...

As if i don't have enough projects on the go....

Andrew wanted to open his vintage San Fran kit to look at the the goodies in the box...well i was sitting on the floor eye level with the Bellingham and was struck by the sudden urge to start building. I knew it would be weeks before i should start the kit, but have been looking at it longingly.....

So i popped it open and started inventorying and labeling each piece of mdf....now all the roof pieces, first floor and foundation pieces are lying glued together (well the flat pieces that you put together to make up the roof and the front and back edges of the foundation)...after the glue dries i can start construction of the foundation....oh heck, looks like i need to run and glue the extra floor pieces to the 2nd and 3rd floor or i'll have to halt construction once it starts....gotta run.

I may blog this house, we'll see. I'll take photos during the process of building! I'm crazy and i know it...i think i always show it...everyone chant sing song voices with me!!!!!!!!!!!!

ack! another house on the go. this one will have to live on the kitchen counter, there is nowhere else to put it!