Checking in

LPCullen

Hello everyone! I’ve finally discovered that I can view the forum on my phone! I know I know, I’m way behind lol! So how are you all? What have you been working on? What’s going on in your lives?

For me, I decided to take a year off from working (got tired of being stressed out all the time) and see if I liked it. I do like it and so I decided to retire early. I’ve done things to the real house (totally re-did a couple rooms) and I did a massive amount of landscaping this past summer. Ripped out and re-did all of my flowerbeds, put out 6 loads of mulch (fell off the back of the truck doing that), added in a couple flowerbeds and created sitting areas in the backyard.

Of course I’ve been building dollhouses too.

I have missed you, figured you were out-of-your-mind busy and that you'd check in when you could; but I have missed you!  We had to get our disabled youngest son out of a toxic situation and find him a safer place to live closer to us, and then I've been dealing with old-age health stuff and full-sized needlework projects, so put the Lily on hold whilst using parts of my workshop to store what survived from his other house.

• Like 1

Holly I’ve missed you too and I think about you often! Sorry to hear your son was in a bad situation-that’s always tough!

on a side note, can you tell me how to look up members? I haven’t gotten the hang of this phone thing just yet...

Our cell phone is a flip phone that makes and receives phone calls.  It might do other things but we have no idea how.  I use our Chromebook to access the Forum, and there's a "Search" box at the upper right of my home page screen with a button on the right hand side to get a drop down box to look up members by username.

• Like 2

At the bottom right of my phone screen are 3 little bars that when clicked will bring up a box that has an option to change to desktop view. I use that when I can't find something on the mobile view the phone puts out. You'll have to really pinch and zoom to read it though....or maybe shrink yourself to 1:12 scale:cheezy:

• Like 1

Hi Linda nice to see you around! 
I have been going back and forth between hobbies and life size house stuff including several moves, but I’m working on a very large dollhouse and other mini stuff at the moment. Isn’t it nice that we can always count on Greenleaf forum to be here when we need some dollhouse camaraderie and inspiration  :)  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

HI Linda! Welcome back!

The only thing going on in my life is I finally got internet! Real internet, as in not using my neighbor's WiFi anymore. Of course, there is one tiny rain cloud. I thought the satellite had to face south. I thought I could put it right up next to my trailer and take advantage of the whole cleared area I have to the south. Of course not.

The satellite has to face northwest. So now it's sitting out in the middle of my yard where anyone can see it and walk off with it and it's right in the middle of where the yard is going to be bulldozed this year and it's right where I want to put my flowerbeds and there is a loooooooong cord from the satellite to the the trailer right where I'll trip on it every time I go feed the birds.

On the plus side, I have my desktop back and I have access to all my recipes. Woohoo!

• Like 2

Just so everyone knows, I washed my hair last week and decided to air dry it before I combed it this time. After it was combed, my hair really did look like my avatar. It even stuck out the same way and I scared the cat. So watch what you pick as your avatar, folks, You never know...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi everybody!  Things have changed a lot in our household in the last few weeks! Daughter, 18-yr-old granddaughter, and 24-yr-old grandson have moved in with us. Daughter is going through a tough divorce and the house is being prepared for selling. So they will stay with us until the dust settles. Daughter said maybe she could keep this as a home base after that. Uh, that would be a NO! DH and I finally have been alone for the last 2 years since my mother died and we have been enjoying it. Alone being the keyword here. We shall see.

The hardest part of having the family move in is that they had to bring their CAT! We enjoyed cats many years ago when we lived in the country. Our cats earned their keep and the great outdoor was their litter box!  Now we have a litter box at the foot of the stairs in the basement. But our little Shih Tzu, Miss Ginger, does not like cats! Never has, even before we adopted her. Ginger was housebroken and "paper trained" before we got her, and aside from the first 2 weeks in a new environment, has never been a problem. But now she seems to feel obligated to reclaim her territory! I'm finding little "cigars" in my craft room, wet carpet near the kitty litter, and a frustrated dog. 

The things we do foir family! I have dogs who now get shortchanged because adult son moved in with cats then moved out and cats stayed behind. We love them but dogs ended up losing a lot of time with us. So I feel for your pup!

We had our youngest, disabled son with us for nearly two years after he escaped a nasty, abusive situation in his former home and we had to go through an unlawful detainment suit against the abuser, who had finally forced our son onto the street, in fear for his life.  We found him a place of his own within an hour's drive in a nicer neighborhood.  No pets, though.