Hi from South Carolina;)

I just joined and am excited to see so many amazing pictures and projects ;) I always have several ongoing, and don’t know anyone locally who is into dollhouses or miniatures ;) I am a mom, writer and designer and am currently fascinated by tiny things ;)

Welcome to the little family, Samantha.  Where in SC are you?  Gayle is near Spartanburg and there used to be a miniature store on the road from Charleston to Folly Beach; I haven't been there since Joanne passed, so I don't know if they're still there, but they used to house Alice Zinn's mini circus.

Edited by havanaholly

2 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Samantha.  Where in SC are you?  Gayle is near Spartanburg and there used to be a miniature store on the road from Charleston to Folly Beach; I haven't been there since Joanne passed, so I don't know if they're still there, but they used to house Alice Zinn's mini circus.

Right now I am in Lexington but we lived in pawleys for over a decade and can’t wait to get back! My youngest has autism and the school programming was better here but I miss the beach! I do not believe there is a miniatures store here or at the npbeach; the state museum has some diorama pieces on rotation that are interesting though and their little shop occasionally has some interesting finds 😉

Welcome Samantha! I am right below you in Aiken. Yes, Lexington does have the better programs. (professional opinion...I taught elementary for 17 years). Glad you joined! I've gone back to lurking on here lately because of multiple sick kitties and work. Spending time with them while I can. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Samantha and welcome to our forum. 

It is great to hear from another Carolinian, I am in NC. 

I have always wanted to find portrait miniatures in oil canvas for that gothic 19th century effect. ;-)

44 Provencal Portrait of Woman with Rose and Veil, 19th Century Spanish  School | Inventory | WOLFS Fine Paintings and Sculpture