e-bay

nuttiwebgal

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dollhouse-Collection-6...1QQcmdZViewItem

I found this amusing.

I bought these very same teapot at Hobby Lobby on a string with cups and saucer sets.

at 50% off...no where near the 12 something price.

maybe I need to set up shop...

her fisherman is from a santa collection at walmart and or Hobby Lobby also.

but then if you are trying to fill up a teapot shop you would need lots of pots for the shelves and they are pretty cute and hold paint well also.

nutti :unsure:

Those are very pretty! But $2 a piece is a bit pricey for what they are...a quick flip through my HBS catalogue confirms it - I could by an entire china set for that price! :D But I guess if they are unique or hard to find...but tea pots are pretty easy to replicate with clay...

I gotta bust her on that living room set too. :D Ernie was carrying that awhile back as an "economy set". I bought it for $19.99 if I remember right. I think thirty bucks is a bit of a steep markup on it, don't you?

Deb

hey Im not knocking it!

she had lots of great stuff...

perhaps I commented coz why didnt I think of it maybe?

I dunno I have the teapots from Hobby Lobby

go there in the mini tree decorations and they are a garland and I bought it to see how scale they were and several are and a few could fake it in the right scene. like in the cabnit of the new HH kit I just finished

top shelf, pitcher and 2 of the cup sets.

they are great...everyone should get some....and they take paint well also to change the color of the flowers...I did one with blue flowers...looks good.

not knocking this e-bay seller she has great stuff and works hard to put nice things up for auction.

nutti :D :yes:

I live in an area full of antique shops and I can't tell you how many times I wandered through the aisles and spotted things I'd bought cheap, cheap cheap, at various discount stores (and not all that long ago). They were all marked WAY up. I've found things I'd bought or seen within the last year for a dollar or two going for $5 and up.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a set of dollhouse furniture that I bought last year, for about half of what the "antique" vendor wanted. I think I got my set at AC Moore.

As far as e-bay sellers pricing, I think sometimes the seller does not really know how much an item really costs when it is new or have no real knowledge of what they are selling. :yes: So they price an item for what they think would be the going rate. Sometimes I see auctions that have really high prices for items I don't feel are that rare or worth the cost. I check out on the internet what I can buy the item for new. Sometimes the sellers sell items for a really low price for the same reason- lack of knowledge on value. I don't question why anyone prices their auctions the way they do- low prices or high prices. I just bid on the ones I feel are a good price. And yes, I am a sniper. I wasn't and put in my highest price on auctions at the beginning (An e-bay suggestion) and did not win many auctions. I had people bid in small increments until I was outbid. ;) I also know some sellers complain about sniping and even mention it in their listing. I try to not bid on any listing that are negative from the start. I bought my dollhouse I am making from e-bay,( buy it now) and most of the furniture kits and accessories. Since I don't have a dollhouse shop locally Ernies and e-bay are a must. :D

I also noticed some sellers on e-bay selling the furniture that you get at dollar tree for 4X the dollar price plus the shipping. I quess there are buyers that don't know any better.

I also noticed some sellers on e-bay selling the furniture that you get at dollar tree for 4X the dollar price plus the shipping. I quess there are buyers that don't know any better.

Yeah... and i think that's what the sellers are counting on! I got really annoyed seeing some cheap wooden hutches that sell for a dollar at Michael's or the Dollar store being priced at $4.99. But then, there are lots of people who just don't want to be bothered going to the store and I guess it's not that different from catalog pricing. How many times have you gotten something from a catalog, only to see it later at half the price somewhere else? :D

I have recently ordered some furniture on Ebay for .99! I got a bunch from the same guy, so all the shipping got combined. I have unusual taste, so it helps. I look for strange furniture that I might not be able to find somewhere else--or something super cheap that looks like it could be fixed up. I am addicted to looking at Ebay minis now.... :D

Seller's are on Ebay to make money or else they wouldn't be there. For me its not such a bad deal as for many other people I'm sure. Hmmm a 1inch teapot=1 foot teapot?, have to be awfully thirsty.

The closest Michael's is 3 hours driving each way, no Hobby Lobby, no AC Moore, closest dollhouse store 5 hours driving each way. Yes, we have many dollars stores, but most is not to scale and also bad quantity.

If I want/need the item I try to buy something else from the same seller to help on shipping.

I had some of those dollar store gift bags (With the shop scenes in them) and because they were not sold in every dollar store in USA, when I sold them on ebay (Starting at $1) I was quite surprise to see a set of 5 bags (I paid $1 for each) for sell for $20. The differance is I did start the bids low because I just wanted to get rid of them after I decided I was not gonna use them :D .

Well the idea of ebay is to make money. You just have to buy what you feel is worth the price. If there isn't a store around that sells what you are looking for, ebay is the place to find deals. It does seem that some people are looking for an unreasonable profit though. Just don't buy their stuff is all. I also snipe. It has to be something I really want though, because another will always turn up sooner or later.

At Hobby Lobby a saleslady was telling me of a lady in canada who had a dollhouse store and would come in with her kids and friends and buy all the houses up (everyone had a coupon and cash) and then sell them in her store for a big profit. The manager was angry, but could do nothing about it.

It's called entrepreneurship and if that's what someone is willing to pay, that is the price the seller will get. Anyone remember the little slightly oversized teapots on the ends of the cheap teaspoons Wal Mart had for a while?