Out of work

Color Me Holly

Vital Hunting Gear is packing up operations and moving to Kentucky. They weren't too sure if they were going to keep all the vendors here. I know a few are, but I didn't want to work long distance for them. My list of cons far out-weighed the pros. After talking with them the decision was pretty much mutual. Now that I have no work I have plenty of time to do things that I want to do.

Hi Holly,

Wow - I"m not sure if I should say I'm sorry that you're losing your job.. or contgratulations on some time off :banana: How about if I just say - I hope you enjoy every minute of your time off and if you need a job I hope you find a good one soon - and one that you enjoy :)

-David

Hi Holly,

Wow - I"m not sure if I should say I'm sorry that you're losing your job.. or contgratulations on some time off :banana: How about if I just say - I hope you enjoy every minute of your time off and if you need a job I hope you find a good one soon - and one that you enjoy :)

-David

Yeah, what he said

Holly, I'm sorry to hear that you are losing your job. But at least they gave you a choice from the sounds of it and that you both came to an agreement. But like you said at least now you can have more time for the things that you want to do. Have fun and good luck. :banana:

Don't worry. Lost oa few jobs in my lifetime,too. everybody does. But usually the next job I went to was better, either the work was more interesting or you made a friend. When my kids were little, I lost my job,was raising them alone so you know how worried I was. There was a recession then,no jobs. So I got a job driving a taxi. Know what? I wound yup loving it.Stayed for 23 years.Got some racehorses- and even a husband -out of that. good luck.bergie

Well, when one door closes - another one opens they say. I wish you luck and fun with your extra time.

Yes that is what I think and as David said as well!

Hugs for now and we are definitley looking forward to some eye candy pics with all the minis you might have the time to make now!

HUGS

Thanks everyone. Its a good thing. Ben and Maria we byfar the best people I ever worked for. I got to work from home. Mike and I used to do it together, but then he got restless and went back to truck driving this last June. No worries from us, though the extra money was nice. If I went to work I would probably just be working to pay a daycare. I have thought about selling crafts items through the local crafter's mall here, but they don't have any stalls open.

Hi Holly,

So sorry to hear that you lost your job..Take it from someone who knows!! (I just found a new one after being unemployed for about 2 years) but, don't worry...take some time for yourself and have fun!! When you are ready to return to work, I am sure that something will come along...just don't go back too soon. I know that I really loved having the time to to myself and you will too!! Just think of all the mini's you can build!!!

Sorry that they're moving Holly. It's always sad when you leave a job that you liked. But it sounds like you'll have lots of time to spend with the family doing things you enjoy. Have some fun just being a domestic goddess for a while and remember you've earned some time off :banana:

Thanks everyone. Its a good thing. Ben and Maria we byfar the best people I ever worked for. I got to work from home. Mike and I used to do it together, but then he got restless and went back to truck driving this last June. No worries from us, though the extra money was nice. If I went to work I would probably just be working to pay a daycare. I have thought about selling crafts items through the local crafter's mall here, but they don't have any stalls open.

Glad to hear the job wasn't what was supporting you guys -losing a job like that can be horribly stressfull.. we've had that happen a few times over the years that feeling of not knowing if you'll have a new job and paycheck in time to make the next house payment is miserable. So I'm glad it's not that situation :D

Have you considered trying to sell your craft items over Ebay? My sis sells ACEO cards now and then and I've sold a few minis I made but I haven't stuck with it. Unfortunately I'm better at shopping Ebay than selling there - I never get around to actually listing things :) lol

-David :)

Hi Holly,

Wow - I"m not sure if I should say I'm sorry that you're losing your job.. or contgratulations on some time off :D How about if I just say - I hope you enjoy every minute of your time off and if you need a job I hope you find a good one soon - and one that you enjoy :)

-David

Ditto! What he said!

:)

Have you considered trying to sell your craft items over Ebay? My sis sells ACEO cards now and then and I've sold a few minis I made but I haven't stuck with it. Unfortunately I'm better at shopping Ebay than selling there - I never get around to actually listing things :rolleyes: lol

I have thought about it, but I haven't had time to research to see what sells and what doesn't. I tracked a few mini quilts. I'm not ready to sell those. I am having trouble with bindings. My mom is, too. And she is more experienced than I am. I asked one of Mabyn friends about a doll house quilt I made. She said cute hot pad.

I have had a lot of luck selling text and music lesson books. I have heard that needlecraft books do well. I have a few of them. At my favorite thrift store I found a whole set of blue ink iron-transfer patterns from Better Homes and Garden. Meow-y Christmas from 1979 with instructions for a quilt and ornaments. I guess they would be vintage iron transfers. I don't know if they still work. There isn't test pattern. I have some transfer patterns from the Workbasket(1940's I've been told) that only the red test transfers work. Sorry, I am rambling.

Thanks again Everyone. Right now I am just taking it easy for a while.

Don't even worry about rambling :) Where I come from rambling is good - it means you're comfortable with your friends :D I'd say definitely check out ebay - you'd be surprised what sells there and sometimes I'm downright shocked at what sells and for how much.. though I have to admit sometimes I'm surprised at what doesn't sell there now and then. The best item I sold was a barbie doll. I picked it up for like $5 on clearance and it sat around and sat around and didn't fit into my son's collection so after a bout a year I looked on ebay and they were selling for over $100 :rolleyes: - you betcha I sold that in a heartbeat! The kid got a lot of things he liked for that doll he didn't like. :) And though some on Ebay really focus on selling just one thing.. miniatures or art or antiques - some sell a little of everything :D I'd say try it small and if it works out keep going :)

I'm very glad to hear that this is a good thing! :groucho: It's nice to have time off, esecially when you are raising kids. My husband works at a CB repair shop and has been offered truck-driving jobs before from customers. He is now considering it as an option.

Holly, check the pharmacies out. I think we only have one or two family/local pharmacies left.

Or whatever locally-owned shops in your area that might host handmade items.

Sorry to confuse you. :hide: That should have been: Holly, I will check the pharmacies out. I even proof read that. Made perfect sense to me that early.