Update! Finished stone work and stained glass windows!

Bitsy

Here is the final product....I am very happy with how it turned out. I had to try 5 different types of grout before I found one I liked...and even then I had to shade it to get the color right.

2742464980098554360iTchKI_th.jpg

You can see the window in this picture too. I used Gallery glass to make the effect. I really love it, but I need to find a way to make my lines straight. :banana:

Here is a close up of the window (a bit blurry)...

2999659970098554360CDvcug_th.jpg

Here is a door I practiced on. I'm going to give the door to my sister to put in my nieces dollhouse. The lines aren't straight, but the effect is pretty I think.

2508144330098554360xNNUnH_th.jpg

Just thought I'd share!

Thank you! I couldn't have done it without all the help from the forum! :banana:

The stones are made from drink cartons (McDonald's.) I used the egg carton tutorial to learn how to do it.

I am excited to be able to say it is done....at least this one wall!!! :teehee:

Thank you so much....you all make me feel so good! :banana:

For the windows I used the crystal clear Gallery Glass paint. I just put some on there used the opposite end of a paintbrush to make the little swirlies. I was also thinking of using that window for the bathroom...but I like the way it turned out so well, that I decided to use them on the addition too. By the way...the room that is in the picture is the kitchen. Not that it matters, but just thought I'd share.

I learned how to do the stone work from this website....I think it was in the do it yourself section. The link for the stones is http://www.miniland.ca/EggClass1.html The link for the bricks is http://www.thechinadoll.com/bricktutorial.htm (I hope the links work.)

I did a few things different from the directions...I cut my stones instead of tearing them, and I used only chalk, no paint to color them. I'm sure there are a few other things I did differently, but I think that is o.k. as it makes each one more unique.

Thanks again for the comments! :banana: