Anybody Have a Brimble's They'd Be Willing To Part With?

Anybody Have a Brimble's They'd Be Willing To Part With? There is currently one on eBay, but it looks water damaged and they want over $75 plus another $42 for shipping. I am all for paying a fair price, but $120 for something that is possible\y warped and ruined - not willing to take the chance!

8 minutes ago, Its_a_sm_world_after_all said:

I found one at a mini dealer web site - it's $162 including shipping... Should I go for it?

That's a decision only you can make. if you really want it and will be kicking yourself later .... well, it's up to you.

• Like 1

I totally tried that first, Debora. I'd much rather get a brand spanking new one. Unfortunately, there is no Add To Cart button, and I have learned in the past that means Out Of Stock. Boo. I did find a mini shop in PA that had one listed, so I placed the order. Hopefully, I don't end up getting an out of stock email from them, as well. 

You might try calling GL's customer service. Others have reported the same thing, called, and gotten the kit they wanted. Good luck with this, I hope it works out positively for you.

I moved this thread to the Community Trading Post since the title / first post is soliciting a sale or trade. (Oh, but I guess from one of your later posts, you found one? Sorry, I moved it before I saw that!)

If I can find out what's going on with the buy buttons in the store I'll let you guys know. They do seem to be there for some of the die cut houses, but I'm not seeing them on the laser cut houses.

• Like 1

Oh bummer! Think of all of the sales they are missing! Hopefully, now that we know, we will all wait and order from them once they are up and running again! I can wait for a while for the speed shingles, but I'm going to need a LOT of them.

I checked and it is true that anything without a Buy button is currently out of stock. Bummer. :(

For half scale shingles, depending on what style you need Dalesq has a couple of good auctions up on eBay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-Dollhouse-Miniature-Houseworks-Shingles-Lot-Fish-Scale-and-Cedar-Square-/331890649504

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-Dollhouse-Miniature-Shingles-Lot-of-2-Sq-Cut-Handley-House-vintage-/331890649319

• Like 1

It appears that they are only offering the laser cut version now Holly so you are probably right. I do wish that they would add a note on the items letting us know there is a production issue and a possible availability date. It might help us wait for them rather that finding other sources. I'd rather support Greenleaf, if possible...

I would hate to be right; it really makes no difference to me whether I'm building a laser cut kit or a die-stamped one; but I expect the laser cut kits sell much better, because they are so much easier to deal with.

I have an update to my situation, and a reasonable source for Brimble's if anyone else just can't wait"

http://my-miniaturemadness.blogspot.com/2016/06/hard-work-pays-in-mini-ways.html

Laser / no laser doesn't matter to me, either. Where there is a will, there is a way!!!