Server problems cause delay in contest

Mini Man

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to do this again. I had found all the posts and submitted them in the time given.

Why should I have to work hard at this and others who couldn't keep up, get a second chance?

This is like running and leading 25 miles of a marathon and then someone calls it, and says lets do it again tomorrow.

I think that if you had posted in all the posts up to the time the server was down are automatically put in the next contest. All who were submitted in the first nine should all be winners.

Even after missing the first post because of error messages I wonder about this too a bit. I mean we did get what 9 (?) postings, at least 8 of which seemed to be working fine. Why not at least go for the first nine and save yourself somr trouble and only rerun the last four and add the fast lane contests to it. Even though I got tons of error messages in the first posting, I think that would be easier on the system and also make all who were here tonight not feel as upset as Roman is.

I think it would really be the only fair way to do it for all concerned and may make it easier on you tech guys that have to work all this out all over again. Hey this way it would only be 4 secret places to find and I think it wouldn't jam up the system as much.

Just an idea but it does seem like it would be easier all the way around and no one wold be left upset about doing it all over again. And the tech guys may love you forever. :-D

Kay

I've been looking at the post in the contest topics, and though everyone didn't get a chance to post in each topic, I think that everyone who wanted to participate did post at least once. I say we give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would have posted in every topic. I will compile a list of everyone and pick at random 13 winners for the White Orchid and one Grand Prize Winner of the Victorianna.

I think that this is the fair thing to do since many people changed their plans to be here tonight. Though the event itself failed, it delivered in creating madness. We'll pick the winners and move on with a month that still holds many surprises!

Dean

Yet again you are too kind Dean!!! BIG THANKS

Heck i even impressed myself i got to post in a 2 minute thread. ANd man did my post numbers go up. hehe

It was still a great idea and it was fun. Good Luck everyone

I've been looking at the post in the contest topics, and though everyone didn't get a chance to post in each topic, I think that everyone who wanted to participate did post at least once. I say we give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would have posted in every topic. I will compile a list of everyone and pick at random 13 winners for the White Orchid and one Grand Prize Winner of the Victorianna.

I think that this is the fair thing to do since many people changed their plans to be here tonight. Though the event itself failed, it delivered in creating madness. We'll pick the winners and move on with a month that still holds many surprises!

Dean

Wow Dean...how very very generous of you! This will make some people extremely happy. I am one of those people but I would definitely do this again if need be!

. I will compile a list of everyone and pick at random 13 winners for the White Orchid and one Grand Prize Winner of the Victorianna.

Dean

As always Dean, your decision is that of a gentleman of honor. I agree with Teresa. We're behind you 100%.

Deb

:) I so wish it had gone smoothly... you're very patient, Mini Man, I think my computer would be plastered against the wall by now. You realize that every Friday the 13th from now on is probably going to leave you with a slight tick. I believe the next one is in July... my sister n'law is planning a wedding that day! :wacko:

I don't want to do this again. I had found all the posts and submitted them in the time given.

Why should I have to work hard at this and others who couldn't keep up, get a second chance?

This is like running and leading 25 miles of a marathon and then someone calls it, and says lets do it again tomorrow.

I think that if you had posted in all the posts up to the time the server was down are automatically put in the next contest. All who were submitted in the first nine should all be winners.

You're a lucky one i guess. Most of the rest of us had computer problems. Why not be a better sport about this?

Dean

Thank you, Dean.

Wow Dean...how very very generous of you! This will make some people extremely happy. I am one of those people but I would definitely do this again if need be!

Me too...is fair..I think! We all work hard finding the 13 posts plus the 2 minutes Madness, so we all deserve a chance :)

Dean, that is such a nice thing to do for everyone!!

I am so sorry that there are people on this forum who feel they need to lash out or act un adult and whine that something didn't go their way. Stuff happens, live with it. it's a game....

Your solution is extremely noble, and not something that you have to do even.....I know everyone appericates it, as do I!!

Now, naturally, I will appericate it even more so if I win something!!!! :lol2: :):wacko:

Dean

im sorry if this has been answered or not, but wen you say "a list of everyone" do you just mean the poeple that particiated? just curious. thanks :)

wow, i dont know what to say about this. We should be very grateful that dean and greenleaf was nice enogh to do this contest for us. We all spent the time finding these 13 posts as well. If it has to be another day it has to be another day. Cant change it, so why be negative about it?

If anyone thinks I had it easy, they are nuts!

I got locked out of the 2 minute contest.

I got knocked out of the posts, but I kept trying.

I knew the problem were so many people on the server that it would slow down the process, but I kept closing IE and reopening it and going to the 13 posts, over and over again. I also know that a lot of other people had the same problem, but they kept trying and trying and were able to post. And what reward do I and all those who succeded get, "Your effort is as valid as those who only got one post in." This World series should not be given to one team, but all the teams that made the playoffs.

Dean, and Greenleaf, everyone that helped with the contest... Thank you truly. The prizes are very generous and you must have worked so hard to put this together. When it would work for a short time it was sooo much fun, I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was that so many people were on at the same time. Greenleaf you are a great company and care about your customers. You had a wonderful idea and did not even have to do this. No complaints from me, things happen. It would be nice if in this world this were the worst to happen. Don't let others get you down. Again thanks.

Come on Roman, we ALL had problems of one sort or another. Let it go, it was all fun and games, win, lose or draw. So what? It was fun, exciting, and something differnt to do on a Friday night. Also we didn't get paid over a million dollars for our competition either.

Personally Dean, I think you deserve to just let the system run itself for a while, breathe, then go out and have a nice cold drink tonight and just relax! Tomorrow is another day.

It was fun and a very generous solution to a very unexpected problem. Besides, if you weren't here playing in this contest, what else would you have been doing???

Chill out and enjoy the night! Be thankful these guys even do this stuff because no other forum does!

Kay