Server problems cause delay in contest

Mini Man

Thank you for the effort too, Dean! Too sad about teh server... :wacko:

Darn, stupid me - was reading the info site instead looking for the Fairfield.... But there are so many other chances left to win a pretty dollhouse kit! :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer!! I was so looking forward to this...but I will admit I was getting frustrated...I got kicked out twice and the pages were downloading so slowly if at all..Thanks Dean for the info, this has certainly cleared the confusion and I am looking forward to the new hunt! Keep up the good work!!

Since many missed the first couple of topics, I didn't think it would be fair to them to continue. I'm trying to get to closing those topics.

Sorry.

I'm sorry it did go as planned :wacko: Thank you much for your efforts. It was fun.

So are all the white orchid posts going to be hidden in new places?

I paid Mabyn to find all of them for me while I was working today. :)

I agree this is such a bummer! I was having so much fun and so looking forward to seeing who all the winners would be with so many white orchids out there. Shame, I was really hoping for one of those too.

I had problems initially too. I got into the first one but every time I tried to post I got an error messaeg and this was when it first went up at 7! I have no idea if the system even logged my replies or not. Guess that will be another mystery to go along with the White Orchid.

I do hope you can get this fixed and do it again. Really a shame. It did seem like after the first one, the others seemed to be doing fine for me. That surprised me after the problems with the first one, but it was all fun.

I really did have a ball with this one too! Thanks for all Greeneleaf does all the time. So much fun here.

Kay

well you know what they say PPP!!!

Now I'll be ready for the next time, when i got booted my DH said if i didn't win anything he'd get me a house for our anniversary - Nov 16th

Sorry it happened Dean and thanks for letting us know and giving us another opporunity - I know it had to of taken you a while to get this ready.

I'm thankful it wasn't my computer, I wasn't sure because it started for me right at 7pm. My computer froze and I couldn't move. Even rebooted and that didn't help. Ten minutes had passed by the time I was able to get back on and still couldn't move around.

Now that I know what to expect, it will make it that much easier next time.

Thanks, Dean. We all know how hard you worked on this and we are all standing behind you.

Thank you Dean. It was fun, my daughter even got involved and had the best time. So, we're considering it a practice run.

I'm just sorry all your hard work was messed up. But you are very much appreciated--even when there is no contest. We regulars know how hard you work and what good customer service you provide.

:) Here's your applause for a job well done.

I don't want to do this again. I had found all the posts and submitted them in the time given.

Why should I have to work hard at this and others who couldn't keep up, get a second chance?

This is like running and leading 25 miles of a marathon and then someone calls it, and says lets do it again tomorrow.

I think that if you had posted in all the posts up to the time the server was down are automatically put in the next contest. All who were submitted in the first nine should all be winners.

I don't want to do this again. I had found all the posts and submitted them in the time given.

Why should I have to work hard at this and others who couldn't keep up, get a second chance?

This is like running and leading 25 miles of a marathon and then someone calls it, and says lets do it again tomorrow.

I think that if you had posted in all the posts up to the time the server was down are automatically put in the next contest. All who were submitted in the first nine should all be winners.

That's called Looking a Gift Horse in the the Mouth

Dean, you are the greatest - I think you must know that you have a HUGE fan club here. It was lots of fun, a good practise run, and quite the roller-coaster of emotions! Thanks for giving us such a stimulating Friday the 13th. You're my hero!

I've been looking at the post in the contest topics, and though everyone didn't get a chance to post in each topic, I think that everyone who wanted to participate did post at least once. I say we give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would have posted in every topic. I will compile a list of everyone and pick at random 13 winners for the White Orchid and one Grand Prize Winner of the Victorianna.

I think that this is the fair thing to do since many people changed their plans to be here tonight. Though the event itself failed, it delivered in creating madness. We'll pick the winners and move on with a month that still holds many surprises!

Dean

I'm disappointed too. I was able to post in all the white orchid sites until Dean deleted them (posted in all but 4). But, I understand. Thanks, Dean. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear about the problems. Hope it gets straightened out. I think the only fair thing is to allow the folks who made it up to that point to be credited for their posts. To start the contest all over is too frustrating to those of us who stuck it out.

I have to say I was a little offended by your post. Some of us worked our butts off too. It was a server problem...not a matter of "not being able to keep up". Also, many, many people posted on time as well, but kept getting booted off. Again - not the contestants fault. As for not wanting to do this again, that's your choice. I, for one, will definitely be doing this again. It was FUN. Stuff happens.