Server problems cause delay in contest

Mini Man

I got knocked out of the posts, but I kept trying.

As did we all, that is the point. Sorry but your post came off sounding pretty arrogant and not very nice.

I don't think anyone had an easy time of it, but stating that we couldn't keep up with you in the marathon was a little condescending and well....rude. If you don't understand why people took offense at your post, please go back and read it and look at it from our point of view.

This is just a game, be a better sport. We all had problems. :wub:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone thinks I had it easy, they are nuts!

I got locked out of the 2 minute contest.

I knew the problem were so many people on the server that it would slow down the process, but I kept closing IE and reopening it and going to the 13 posts, over and over again. I also know that a lot of other people had the same problem, but they kept trying and trying and were able to post. And what reward do I and all those who succeded get, "Your effort is as valid as those who only got one post in." This World series should not be given to one team, but all the teams that made the playoffs.

There's just no pleasing some people. I think the folks at Greenleaf have been very generous and very fair to all of their forums members both old and new. They spend a lot of time, energy and money on a forum that's free for the rest of us to use. They provide a place for us to meet, share idea, swap tips, ask for and get help in building, decorating and even sharing off topic stuff and they top that off by giving everyone - even newbies- a chance to win - even if they never post a single other note than to enter the contests just to try to get something for nothing- and yet still some still complain. Well I entered as best as I could. It was a little frustrating with the server thing but all and all it was fun and it was great to play a game of find the clues with all my friends here and meet in chat and enjoy the evening- if some people don't like that oh well. You know what they say about apples.

-David

I don't want to do this again. I had found all the posts and submitted them in the time given.

Why should I have to work hard at this and others who couldn't keep up, get a second chance?

This is like running and leading 25 miles of a marathon and then someone calls it, and says lets do it again tomorrow.

I think that if you had posted in all the posts up to the time the server was down are automatically put in the next contest. All who were submitted in the first nine should all be winners.

:zip: Baa Humbug!!

If anyone thinks I had it easy, they are nuts!

I got locked out of the 2 minute contest.

I knew the problem were so many people on the server that it would slow down the process, but I kept closing IE and reopening it and going to the 13 posts, over and over again. I also know that a lot of other people had the same problem, but they kept trying and trying and were able to post. And what reward do I and all those who succeded get, "Your effort is as valid as those who only got one post in." This World series should not be given to one team, but all the teams that made the playoffs.

Get over it dude........its a contest, a game.......E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E had problems, not just you. Some of us got to post, some didnt. Life goes on.

:wub:

Very well said. I am still new to the forums, but I try to get out there and share my ideas and learn from the other people here. That, after all, is what a forum is all about. What Dean and Greenleaf have done, is bring something exciting and fun for all of us. And in return, well, nothing really. They don't make purchasing any of their products a requirement for being here or participating in the contests. But, we are loyal to them because they are loyal to us. We should be thankful that they have provided us a place to meet and chat.

There have been several sites with sour grapes posts. I think it was a lot of fun whether I ever win or not. This is one of the nicest communities ever. I also got bumped off sites. I stayed up almost all night looking for clues. I have dial up. I'd do it again even if I knew the results would be the same.

Hi everyone,

Gee, I was still playing, grin! :lol:

Dean, I think you really made a gentleman’s decision and a very, very generous one. :thanks: So I don’t have to stay up late again? Not that I mind, it is and was great fun but I could use some sleep. JUST KIDDING (although it is way past 3 AM over here)… I would do it again anytime! :rockon:

It was a lot of fun and still more fun on its way! Yoo-hoo! :wub:

Now I have to get rid of my adrenaline rush… :lolol: maybe this is a good time to finally start with the long postponed rough sanding job on a roombox.

Winner or not, contest postponed or not, I had the best of times! :yahoo: THANK YOU!

Best wishes to all,

It's going to take me a while to get all the info together from the contest posts. I will have the winners posted before noon tommorow, the same time I post the Haunted House winner.

Again, sorry for the problems!

Dean

Dean thanks again for all your hard work getting this together. It wasn't your fault and your efforts and generosity are very much appreciated.

I enjoyed myself and would have tried again if you had another contest.

We appreciate all that you are doing and have done.

I have to agree with everyone who has launched bouquets toward Dean and the Greenleaf team. :wub:

My computer froze up at 7:01. I rebooted and tried for half an hour to get back into the site but could not. So hubby and I went out for Chinese instead of him getting carry-out.

I'm so glad that some folks were able to leap the electronic barriers and scarf up some houses ... congratulations!

All in all, it was a grand effort on your part, Dean, and much appreciated. :lol:

Well I tried for a long time to get in on my daughters computer after she managed to post once, and then she logged off and said I could use the comp. It was not possible to get in at all, and I guess many other people must have had the same problem. Its not a question of not being able to keep up. I think that comment was a little unfair to all those who were not able to post due to technical problems. These things happen, and after Greenleaf has so generously given so much in this contest these remarks are churlish and unwarrented.

Sorry if that offends but Greenleaf don't exactly have to give their products away like this.

I am finally starting to "come down" from the "rush" of tonight's excitement. I feel absolutely wonderful! I'm happy for tonight's winners, and quite proud of the effort I managed to make in the contests! Dean, don't you dare apologise for anything that happened tonight! You have done an incredible job, and I still can't believe the generosity of all the people at Greenleaf, particularly you! You deserve a medal.

I have a question that maybe someone could answer for me tomorrow. Is there a way to "ignore" a member on this forum? I found the posts of a certain member extremely ill-mannered and uncalled for. :down: I don't want to read any more of their thoughts on this or any other matter. Is there a button I can push somewhere?

Dean I must say I got a bit excited when I got home late this evening and found out the hunt had been postponed. I was so sad that I was unable to play.

But then I read on and realized what had happend. I think what you are doing is more than fair. Sorry to see a chosen few being such poor sports about it. They haven't been members long enough to see what wonderful people and staff are on here.

I wasn't even going to get to play tonight but I still had a blast last night finding all the clues just for fun.LOL

Putting my two cents into the hat.

Greenleaf is being so generous. They are giving away FREE stuff and you dont have to pay shipping. Free!

The only thing we had to do was a little searching that didnt require any manual labor (except for our fingers and eyes). Unfortunately some people(may they rot in hell) think they need the upper hand in these situations and make it difficult for others . I feel that Dean and Greenleaf are only doing the fair thing. Not everyone was able to participate and that stinks. I have no ill will about how the contest turned out. __it happens.

Thanks for some great fun Dean. Sorry about the problems.. It was a GREAT IDEA!

Heidi