Server problems cause delay in contest

Mini Man

I've been a member here for quite a while, but always struggled to find my way around. Mainly because I'm lazy and always use the search option! Thanks to the disabling of the search functions I'm now fully up to speed with navigating the site ..added to that, looking for the links gave me a great oppotunity to have a massive reading session!

All yesterday's efforts truly weren't wasted :lol:

Ellen :wub:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean, you're a peach! Thanks so much for running these contests...I'll admit that I was frustrated at not being able to post as much as I would have liked since I got bumped a few times and response time for me was slow, but I did have fun while it lasted!! And in the end isn't that what really matters?? It's not if you win or lose, it's how you play the game and if it's not fun, why play at all? As for the sour apples who played this game...GET OVER YOURSELVES AND QUIT YOUR WHINING....Greenleaf didn't HAVE to run these contests to begin with...and it's pretty darn generous to run these contests for the WHOLE month...not just one day.

My son was helping me with the contest. We have a cable modem and the response time was slow! However, we were having a great time laughing as we searched for what was unlocked at the time. Maybe I will convert my son yet to miniatures. He loves HO scale and belongs to a train club. His club is currently building a layout in a converted country church. Thank you Dean and of course Greenleaf for running such a fun event. I was looking forward to the contest all day yesterday and the thought of it made Friday the 13th seem like a lucky day.

The month long contest is attracting many new members and the amount of posts has really increased. It' great to be able to ask questions and learn so much from other members.

I don't want to do this again. I had found all the posts and submitted them in the time given.

Why should I have to work hard at this and others who couldn't keep up, get a second chance?

This is like running and leading 25 miles of a marathon and then someone calls it, and says lets do it again tomorrow.

I think that if you had posted in all the posts up to the time the server was down are automatically put in the next contest. All who were submitted in the first nine should all be winners.

That's called Looking a Gift Horse in the the Mouth

I have to say I was a little offended by your post. Some of us worked our butts off too. It was a server problem...not a matter of "not being able to keep up". Also, many, many people posted on time as well, but kept getting booted off. Again - not the contestants fault. As for not wanting to do this again, that's your choice. I, for one, will definitely be doing this again. It was FUN. Stuff happens.

DITTO!!!! Shame on those who are being so selfish! I too was very dissapointed and confused, but Greenleaf and Dean have been so wonderful and generous, ya just gotta say "Oh Well, so I'll try again the next time or I just don't play." So if you have NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN PLEASE KEEP QUIET!!!

I've been looking at the post in the contest topics, and though everyone didn't get a chance to post in each topic, I think that everyone who wanted to participate did post at least once. I say we give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would have posted in every topic. I will compile a list of everyone and pick at random 13 winners for the White Orchid and one Grand Prize Winner of the Victorianna.

I think that this is the fair thing to do since many people changed their plans to be here tonight. Though the event itself failed, it delivered in creating madness. We'll pick the winners and move on with a month that still holds many surprises!

Dean

2nd ditto. Dean, although you've been told many times already THANK YOU!!! for everything and a HUGE thank you to Greenleaf too. What a wonderful company. I wish I lived nearby. I'd try to get a job there!!!!

Since I'm new around here the benefit for me was in seeing the titles of so many old posts while looking for the contest posts. Occasionally I stopped and read, but since I was trying to find all 13 I didn't want to take a lot of time. Now I'll have to go back and look for some of them again at my leisure. I just hope I can find them again. Now I kind of wish I had made a list of those too! There was some really good information out there that I didn't know about before...and some great pictures.

.. For He's a jolly good Fellowwwwww which nobody can deny! :)

Ok so I sing off key :thumb: Key Dean Kudos for running a fun game - win, loose or draw - it was still fun! It was great looking through some of the old posts and seeing so many people in chat before and after the contest - so we had a glitch- it happens, but the main thing is here in the Greenleaf community we know how to have fun :D

-David :D

Betty,

I have to agree with you totally! Although I've been here for over a year, I found a lot of things I'd never taken the time to look through before and found some very interesting topics too. I think the hunt for the clues was the best part because we all found a lot more than just the clues.

I thought it was fun and both my kids were having a ball stanking over my shoulder telling mom to "click here, now click here." I think we were all laughing so much I'm surprised I even got in to post on some of those.

It was a great event for all of us, except poor Dean who got stuck with the computer crash. I only hope if they do it again next year it won't be such a problem for them.

Thanks and congrats to all the winners!

Kay