Hi, another joining the crowd !

Roni

Hi all,

My name is Roni Miller and I live in Harrisburg Pa. I work for a larger bank in the area in the Network Solutions department doing Network and Desktop Support, your basic jack of all trades, master of none.

I live with my husband Bill and our 2 "children" Bandit and Kacey, our Shelites. I also have 2 grown daughters and 2 grandsons. The oldest is 15 and the youngest will be 2 in Deceember. I had to move my Beacon Hill upstairs to keep it out of the reach of little fingers, but he has since learned to climb the stairs and is fascinated by the little bucket I placed in the kitchen beside the sink. :blush:

I love the VIctorian era, so the Beacon Hill was perfect for my first dollhouse. I only wish it was lifesize so I could live in it instead of just look at it ! I am currently working on the Butter Cup Cottage which is perfect for an old fashioned ice cream parlor on the first floor and the study sitting area on the 2nd floor. I am almost finished and can't wait to pick my next project!

I have a Victorian Farmhouse that I found in my parents basement when we were cleaning out the house after my father passed away about a year and a half ago. I think that might be next.

Looking forward to chatting with others who share my obsession

OOOOPPPPSSS. I must be pretty tired with all of my 32 children. Thank goodness it was just a typo :blush:

The dollhouse I found in my parents basement is called the Tennyson by the Aerply Company. Not sure when my mother purchased it but she's been gone 8 years now so it's been hiding away for me to discover for some time now

Hi SuzyQ Thank goodness I only have 2 grown daughters and trust me that was more than enough. :blush:

Noticed you mentioned the Garfield. My dear friend and former co worker got me reinspired to do the big push to get my Beacon Hill finished.

Took me almost 10 years to finish my Beacon Hill. Worked on it in spurts. Became obsessed in 2003 when I was recovering from back surgery and became a madwoman spendingall of my waking hours working on it.

Thanks David. Soon as I figure out the boards I will be posting some pictures. Going to get adventerous and try to do some of the ice cream desserts in FIMO.

Not going to live down tha typo am I :blush:

I do have some pictures. I've noticed that some of the postings have web site links in them. Not quite ready for that yet. But I will change my avatar to my finished Beacon Hill.

welcome to the forums Roni! we .are all so happy to have you here :blush: you will find that this a great bunch of people and everyone is so very talented. I look forward to hearing about your progress with the tennyson. there are afew people on here working on that house i believe. Its definitly one of my favorites and i always love to see how people add there very special touchs to them. I'm gonna go head over to ur gallery right now and see if i can see some more pictures of that beautiful beacon hill u have as your icon.

-Jenny

Hi MsMini, don't have any other pictures posted yet. Need to take some more actually. Since this is my first official not in the forums, haven't figured everything out yet. Will have to check out the gallery. MY BH is actually painted the same colors as my very own real house, which is a lte 40's post war bungalo. Not near enough room for all the dollhouses I plan to build. :blush:

Hi and :welcome: , Roni, I am very talented in the typo department, too :ohyeah:

I love your Beacon Hill! Maybe "some day". My favorite house (so far) is the Glencroft, which is my avatar. Now that you've made enough posts you can go to "my controls" and make your gallery albums to post your pictures :yikes: (no doubt someone will mention our eye candy addiction sooner or later...)

Anyway, we're very glad you're here.

Hi and welcome! Can't wait to see your pic's...please put up a pic of those 32 kids if you can fit them into the camera lens that is. ......ha ha had to throw in a little teasing there. Somehow if you were to change the number around to 23 it wouldn't seem so bad :welcome: :yikes:

I love the BH and i would love to see closeups of yours. I love this house, i finally decided that mine will be a haunted house, it's just such a cool looking houses.

I'm currently building the Tennyson, can't wait to hear your plans for yours. .....mine is a witches house. Run down, almost haunted looking. :ohyeah:

Hi Margarita, need to take some new pictures of my BH. Like my real house it really needs a good dusting :lol: Probably won't be showing pictures of the 32 kids since it's so hard to get them all together at the same time!

The Tennyson I'm working on is made by Artply Company. Really need to finish my Buttercup Cottage first. I will probably be psoting that as well.

Any one have any ideas on where I can find miniatures for an old fashioned ice cream parlor?

any ideas on where I can find miniatures for an old fashioned ice cream parlor?

The first thought that comes to mind is paper clips or old wire coathangers, pliers & wire cutters and some old checkers for the chair seats and poker chips for the table tops.