Miniature Madness - The Hunt for the White Orchid

Mini Man

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's exactly right! I'm sorry if I haven't done a very good job explaining this. I've been getting PMs on this as well, so I think we need to appoint some one as the official contest coordinator to translate my posts.

Hi again :bleh: ,

are you kidding me? No need to be sorry, your explainations are very clear. It's just me being insecure and double checking so I won't miss a thing <grin>.

:blush: YOU ARE DOING GREAT! ;)

Thanks!

OMG Look at the baby McKinley!!!!

OMG

OMG

OMG! I'm going to miss it! I'll be on the road to lake Quinault--------

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:verymad: :blush:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :drool: GET A GOOD SLEEP READY FOR TOMORROW!! :sleeping:

Remember - check all forums, all topics, all pages! :thumb:

Start your list for tomorrow night:

- pen/pencil

- notepad

- water bottle

- answering machine ON

- person to divert all distractions away from you :iluvff:

- comfortable clothing

- polish up those glasses if you need 'em :geek:

HAPPY HUNTING! :rockon:

I'm even more excited now - just read the weather report and we're actually supposed to have rain/thunderstorms tomorrow night!! It's very rare here. It's the perfect weather for this hunt!

Start your list for tomorrow night:

- pen/pencil

- notepad

- water bottle

- answering machine ON

- person to divert all distractions away from you :iluvff:

- comfortable clothing

- polish up those glasses if you need 'em :geek:

<checking off items on the list> I've also got my trench coat, magnifying glass and lolipop. (I've been researching old detective shows to see what the best detectives used to use) I'm trying to find an agency that rents out doctors by the name of Watson but they're just not easy to find.

Deb

I would give my left arm for one of those itty-bitty-baby-McKinleys. I'm so sad I'm going to miss this contest. I'll be back on Monday to see the lucky buggers who won so I can be green with envy.

:drool: :thumb: :):):D

:bye: ::Sniff::

HerOdyssey

:ghost:

I'm even more excited now - just read the weather report and we're actually supposed to have rain/thunderstorms tomorrow night!! It's very rare here. It's the perfect weather for this hunt!

Not if the electricity goes out (or the cable)!! Now that would be my luck. :drool:

<Marlin Perkins voice>

We're here in the jungles of Greenleaf to track the ever elusive White Orchid. Many sceptics have compared the White Orchid to myths such as the Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot, but we have confirmed reports that the White Orchid will definitely be seen here today. We're not sure exactly how dangerous the White Orchid might be, but we have prepared for every possible emergency. My associate Jim is armed with a large butterfly net and a feather duster. Jim, are you ready to go after the White Orchid, even if it means putting your life in danger?

Jim?

Uh, Jim?

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jim has just blazed a trail out of the jungle in his Volvo and left this note behind him. It says, "Marlin, after the last time when you made me catch a python with a butter knife and a roll of duct tape, I told you I wasn't going to do this anymore. I'm going back to my job as a tornado chaser in Kansas. It's just safer. Good luck with the White Orchid".

I guess that means we're on our own folks. :miner:

Deb

Deb, cracking me up as usual!!

One more question regarding the hunt - Let's just say I was the lucky winner of the first White Orchid. I would still need to find and post in the remaining 12 in order to qualify for the Victorianna, right?

<Marlin Perkins voice>

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jim has just blazed a trail out of the jungle in his Volvo and left this note behind him. It says, "Marlin, after the last time when you made me catch a python with a butter knife and a roll of duct tape, I told you I wasn't going to do this anymore. I'm going back to my job as a tornado chaser in Kansas. It's just safer. Good luck with the White Orchid".

I guess that means we're on our own folks. :miner:

Deb

<stepping up with a Deerstalker cap on and holding a butterfly net and feather duster> "Ahububub hububbmm (Nigel Bruce, Watson impression) By Jove! Jim Watson reporting for duty, Holms"

<stepping up with a Deerstalker cap on and holding a butterfly net and feather duster> "Ahububub hububbmm (Nigel Bruce, Watson impression) By Jove! Jim Watson reporting for duty, Holms"

Right-o then Watson! Jolly good show! You go climb that tree over there (just shove the tiger off the limb, he won't mind) and I'll sneak around the back way and blow this air horn three times. When the White Orchid comes running down the path, you jump down in front of it, wave your hands in the air and yell "booooga, boooooga, boooga", then throw your net over the top of it. Oh, and here's a cell phone. If you have time, dial 911 before you jump so the ambulance can get a head start.

<cackle>

Deb

One more question regarding the hunt - Let's just say I was the lucky winner of the first White Orchid. I would still need to find and post in the remaining 12 in order to qualify for the Victorianna, right?

Yes, and I probably wont be posting the winners that quickly anyway. I think I said noon the next day, but I might be able to get it done sooner.