Miniature Madness - The Hunt for the White Orchid

Mini Man

In fear that superstitions surrounding this upcoming Friday the 13th might compound the effects of Miniature Madness, Greenleaf sought council with tribal healers and mystics around the world for a way to counter the effects. The solution comes in the form of a rare and mystical dollhouse, 13 of which will be given away in a new contest, Hunt for the White Orchid!

white-orchid.jpg

The elusive White Orchid is itself an enigma, being the only synthetic house ever produced by Greenleaf. It is an exact copy of the Orchid Dollhouse, but it is white as the driven snow and has a soothing effect then viewed in its natural state. It is a true rarity as only a handful were ever produced and search as you may, you will only find them here during THE HUNT FOR THE WHITE ORCHID!

The hunt begins Friday the 13th at 7PM EST. There will be a series of 13 locked topics around the forum. The first topic will unlock at 7PM and after that, a topic will unlock every ten minutes. Just like the FAST LANE contests, you need only to post in these topics for a chance to win. Each topic will only be open for ten minutes before it locks again, so you will have to move quickly.

For the skilled and diligent hunter, there is chance at a prize even greater than the White Orchid. Members who manage to post in all 13 topics will be entered in a drawing for a Victorianna Dollhouse. This half inch wall hanging wonder is a trophy for any miniaturist, but there is more to the madness. This particular Victorianna is like no other ever seen by man or beast. It's part of an experimental run of only ten houses that were manufactured by Greenleaf under a veil of secrecy. The focus of this experiment was centered around an upgrade in materials which ultimately lead us to the finest Birch plywood we could find. Though the process proved not to be cost effective, the results were stunning:

birch-sample.jpg

RULES OF THE HUNT

1. Contest begins Friday, October 13th, 2006 at 7PM EST. One additional topic will open every ten minutes.

2. There will be one White Orchid Dollhouse Kit given away in each contest topic and there will be a total of 13 contest topics.

3. For the White Orchid, contestants only need to post a message at the Greenleaf Miniature Community in one of the contest threads to be eligible to win in that drawing. The more contest topics you post in, the more chances you have to win.

4. For the Product Sample Victorianna, you must post in all 13 contest threads to be eligible to win .

5. Contest topics will be posted in advance, but they will be locked. It would be wise to locate all 13 topics before the contest begins.

5. Each contest topic will lock ten minutes after it opens.

6. Winners will be listed in the "And the winner is..." and "Miniature Madness Contest Chatter" topics.

7. In an effort to allow everyone to enjoy the fun, you may only win one White Orchid per household. All members can particiapte including team members and moderators.

Good luck and happy hunting!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG! I am so excited about this!! the only bummer thing for me is it starts at 4 my time which is the time i get off work so i will be stuck in traffic for the first hour of the contest. unless i get off work early that day?? im evil lol

you HAVE to get off work early, make up something, emergency dentist ?? ANYTHING can't you book half the day off, is it too late already for that. I am lucky i can do that where i work, hopefully you can too !! you HAVE to be here Ms Mini !!!!

Just got my email about the Madness contest! What fun! I would love a Victoriana!

Dean- what a creative contest.....worried that my dial up connection at home will be a problem tho! :lol:

Great way to spend Friday night!! Patty Johnson :thumb:

I know it's not a Microwave...... Maybe it's a house shrinking machine :thumb:

I want one tooo, can I have that???? :lol: Me wants, me wants, me wants!!!! :woot:

OK, calming down, sitting back getting a grip on myself again....

Hugs

I really am not sure what machine this is. We gotta wait for Dean to answer this one :lol: I liked the idea of it being a house shrinking machine so your question made my imagination go there :) :thumb:

Ahhh, you know that is the kind of creative imagination that is soo much fun to use! Right now I am contemplating a career change :o I want to do minis for real.... ack! One can dream, right?!?

There is nothing like taking out a new pice of wood to see what it might end up as.

Hugs

This house reminds me of a young niece of mine.She was a designer.Her first house was all done in white and black.When we were sent invitations to her shower and wedding-it was requested that we buy only white or black gifts.This was quite a challenge and we weren't sure what it would look like when done.

It was amazing to see how she and her partner(who is also a designer) were able to pull all the gifts together and create a truly remarkable first home that was in a word very uniqe.

Ooooo! I just looked at the picture of the Victorianna again... I love the way the fireplace is in the staircase at the back of the room. That's just beautiful!

I think Greenleaf could easily sell this house to many of us right now!