Miniature Madness - The Hunt for the White Orchid

Mini Man

Actually Esther, I've already started, but I've made them invisible. Our forum is set to bump all new activity to the top of the forum, so it wouldn't be very challenging for me to post as I have for previous contests. I've taken posts dating back months and have changed them to contest topics so it will truly be a hunt to find them. Once you post in these threads, they will pop up to the top of the forums for all to see, so timing will play a part as well.

It is yet to be determined when I will make these post visible. I plan to disable certain features of the forum such as the search function and the ability to view members profiles, so I don't want to inconvenience members who aren't participating in the contest.

I'll post an update with all of this once I hammer out the details.

so, you're going to make us completely nuts! Oh, boy, I can hardly wait. :welcome:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-924-1160584154.gifI am kinda new to this forum so I'm not really understanding the "search for threads" thing on this new contest...can anyone give me a little clue as to what or where I will be looking for these threads...I really don't have a clue. Thanks!

I am kinda new to this forum so I'm not really understanding the "search for threads" thing on this new contest...can anyone give me a little clue as to what or where I will be looking for these threads...I really don't have a clue. Thanks!

"Threads" are the string of posts that we make in each topic. There must be thousands of topics that have been posted on this forum over time. The posts that you read here are part of the thread "Replying to Miniature Madness - The Hunt for the White Orchid". Hope that helps. (If I have got this wrong, someone please set the record straight, but I think I'm right.) :w00t:

I think it's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack. The different posts won't be under the same topic thread, they'll be spread all over....and we've only got 10 minutes to find it and post in it before it closes. I think after a couple of hours of that we're going to be exausted! :w00t:

:w00t::) I'll be looking :lol::) all 3,407 places!

That's the spirit!

After one person finds it and posts in it, will the "view new Posts" button work?

The 'get active topics' and 'view new posts' feature will be disabled during the contest.

well...ok...so when do we get to start searching!!!!!!!!!!! I'm DYING TO START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhh...wait I guess that would be cheating if you tell us when they are up huh :w00t::)

Gulp .... :confused: .... please let us know when we should start searching .... I have a feeling I won't get much sleep this week! :rockon:

Me neither but I will cheer you on as much as I possibly can as at that time I will most probably be fast asleep... sort of anyhow, will see :w00t: I also need to make stock fo rthat possible mini show so that might also interfer with the computer time... Not sure just yet?! Will see how the enrgy level is on Friday night as I think it would be soooo nice to participate, this snowy white house gives me the feel of Narnia or a snow queen palace to be...

Hugs

I don't think finding the posts are going to be very difficult. I put an example topic in this forum, Site Info and Feedback, that is representative of what you be up against. The topic is titled:

[EXAMPLE] Miniature Madness - The Hunt for the White Orchid

Take a look, it sticks out like a sore thumb! The trick isn't finding them, it's keeping track of them all. You will be able to find the topics ahead of time, but you will have no idea on the order that they will unlock.

I will make the topics visible on Friday the 13th. I haven't yet decided on a time though.

Found it Dean and as you said, it is sort of sticking out, and now that people know what to look for it will be easier to sort of visualize what to look for!

Hugs

I don't think finding the posts are going to be very difficult. I put an example topic in this forum, Site Info and Feedback, that is representative of what you be up against. The topic is titled:

[EXAMPLE] Miniature Madness - The Hunt for the White Orchid

Take a look, it sticks out like a sore thumb! The trick isn't finding them, it's keeping track of them all. You will be able to find the topics ahead of time, but you will have no idea on the order that they will unlock.

I will make the topics visible on Friday the 13th. I haven't yet decided on a time though.

Dean, I'll be available all day, so at your leisure.... :w00t: :lol: