New Kit!!!!

jrchob

I am the owner of a La Maisonette French Country Manor kit. I first saw this house completed by Robin Carey- gorgeous. The kit was made in France and discontinued in 1986. Really didn't need another kit, but I don't think these come up often, although I could be wrong. It will be fun working in 1:12 again. Will get Wentworth Court ready to donate.

post-6081-0-42231900-1397747373.png

• Like 5

I eyed that one too. Glad someone in our family got it.

Boy, we are all spending a lot of time perusing Ebay aren't we? Is it an excuse not to get to the constructing part? I think it is for me right now. No ambition but lots of looking ...

• Like 2

I bought my Bayberry from the same seller. Did you see all the kit she had listed? And she said she was just down-sizing her collection? She had at least 65 kits on Ebay. I am wondering how many kits she decided keep? I had talked to her about picking up the Bayberry, but decided it would be cheaper to ship it. I kinda regret it now, I would have loved to see what amazing kits were left in her collection.

Actually I believe she is (or was) here on the board as well. I remember some of the pictures of kits that look very much like those from a member named 'newt' - not sure if I am supposed to write that here - if not, please remove the comment.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=1008&sort_key=&sort_order=

Actually I believe she is (or was) here on the board as well. I remember some of the pictures of kits that look very much like those from a member named 'newt' - not sure if I am supposed to write that here - if not, please remove the comment.

I believe Newt's album and blog was a collection of researched information and pictures, not necessarily all things she owned personally, if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though. Holly or Deb would probably know more about that than I do.

The kit arrived yesterday! That was fast as I bought it on Thursday. Interesting. Haven't looked at all pieces but the wood for the outside walls is great. Little bit of a problem understanding the directions (18 page booklet) but at least it's in English! This is a front opening house that may become an open back. Thinking about a cream colored stucco. Need to get going on Morningside. I'm sure when I do a dry fit, everything will change.

• Like 3

I am the owner of a La Maisonette French Country Manor kit. I first saw this house completed by Robin Carey- gorgeous. The kit was made in France and discontinued in 1986. Really didn't need another kit, but I don't think these come up often, although I could be wrong. It will be fun working in 1:12 again. Will get Wentworth Court ready to donate.

Egads! When in the world would one of us not "need" another kit?

• Like 1